Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally decided to go ahead and go through with getting a new Tundra. I orginaly wanted to wait til October to get the truck so I could save up more money but waiting sucks and you only live once.

I'll be talking with loan officers this week working that end out, already got a quote of $150 a month for insurance from State Farm. Have already contacted my dealer through email and will be going this weekend to test drive the truck.

I'm looking at a white regular cab/standard bed with the sport appearance package. Asking price is $28,110 but thanks to current incentives I should get $3500 off that. Plus they have some bs stuff tacked on that I will try to get taken off, that's another $1000 right there.

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there and see what your thoughts are. If you have any tips for a young 21 year old please let me know now before it's too late lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they offer any other engine? Hell yeah I'm getting a 5.7 lol

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Do they offer any other engine? Hell yeah I'm getting a 5.7 lol
tips??? get a great paying job so you can afford the 3.9 percent financing... also... i recommend assessing your needs versus wants... i also am 21... well 22 in like 2 weeks... i bought a black 4.7l TRD 4x4 DC LTD with pretty much every bell and whistle i could find... (you can see pic of my truck if you search for me in "thread starter" option) ... i just didnt need the 391 horses... is the 5.7 worth adding the whatever amount it is to your payment??? do you need 391 horses or is 271 sufficient... if so then go for it... just saying you may be wasting money if you dont assess your needs properly...

very happy with my purchase... but was also very upset the first time i raced a mustang gt and lost... but hey... now i have an excuse to supercharge/turbocharge :)

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
The bigger engine is much cheaper than a supercharger.
also very true... but you have the option of adding it ... and it also depends on what deal they offer you... the 4.7 might not be moving as much so they give you more incentive to buy it

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
... but was also very upset the first time i raced a mustang gt and lost... but hey... now i have an excuse to supercharge/turbocharge :)
Did you think you were going to beat it??? A 5.7 Tundra can't hang with a mustang GT, even one that is 10 years old...

Be careful if you decide to boost, those 2UZ-FE rods have been known to snap like toothpicks...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truth be told I really don't "need" a new truck. The one I have would last a few more years. Just tired of cruising around in a 4banger Ranger. I have a decent paying job and have about a third of the price of the truck saved for a down payment. I'd be looking at about $300 monthly note for a brand new truck which does not seem bad at all to me. Friend of mine is paying $550 for a 1 year old Silverado.

The way I see it the 5.7 is only 1500 extra and has basically the same gas milage as a 4.7, so it is worth the investment. I'm only getting a single cab because thats all I need, and I'm not getting a 4x4 because I won't be doing any offroading. I gotta admit everything about this is "want" and not need, I could get a much cheaper truck and be statisfied but I "want" a new Tundra!

·
Registered
161 Posts
in my opinion if your considering the new tundra you can afford it if you want to . the guys who buy expensive trucks instead of feeding the kids don't take time to consider or debate the purchase they just do it. so if you have been debating it , you can probably afford it , so just do it;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts