Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tundra Towing

I was driving back from a camping trip this weekend in Northern Arizona and noticed a bunch of trucks going slow and towing trailers. I don't have much knowledge of trailer sizes or anything but noticed a truck ahead of me going faster than all the others. I kept asking myself, I wonder what kind of truck that is. A ford f 350 V10?? Nope, it was a Tundra. It was pulling the same size trailers as a bunch of Chevy's and Fords, but was passing them going up steep inclines. I was proud to own a tundra when I saw this.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The 4.7 V8 is certainly a strong engine for its size. Lots of the Chevy and Ford guys won't rev their engines although many of those newer style engines need to get up in the rpm range to develop power just like our engines need to do. And, some of the 4.6 size engines on those trucks just don't have the pull our engines have.

Ken

·
Registered
832 Posts
It took you a few years I see.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
High temps kill auto transmissions. If you were getting it hot enough to notice..... chances are its been hot enough to break down the fluid. Change the fluid.

Dump the pan, fill it per the manual, drive it for a few days, repeat several times. Once you see the fluid a nice clean color/smell, then drop your pan and change the filter. You do NOT want to flush the transmission, just change the fluid.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
High temps kill auto transmissions. If you were getting it hot enough to notice..... chances are its been hot enough to break down the fluid. Change the fluid.

Dump the pan, fill it per the manual, drive it for a few days, repeat several times. Once you see the fluid a nice clean color/smell, then drop your pan and change the filter. You do NOT want to flush the transmission, just change the fluid.

Ok Thanks for the tips

21 - 28 of 28 Posts