Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are about 100 possibilities for this, so I guess from this group I'm mainly interested in those with knowledge of the antenna, wiring, and connections in the 2006 Tundra.

Long story short, I get horrible radio reception. It's not physical location or station strength I don't think, as I can get channels on a turn dial alarm clock radio inside my house but can't get those same stations on my truck outside in the driveway. I do have an aftermarket head unit, but I've had it installed for so long I don't recall if the issues started right when I installed it or later.

For starters I do plan to slide out the head unit and confirm the cable is securely inserted in the back of it. On that note, I still have the original head unit (non-JBL) that I could plug in and test with also. But for you guys specifically, I thought I would ask if there are any known issues with the OEM antenna itself, or perhaps the connection at the antenna base in the right fenderwell that I should check for? Or any other random ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but on my '05 Sequoia, the antenna is in the rear side glass, and the stock audio system has an antenna amplifier that is powered. Many times this gets overlooked when upgrading to a new head unit. Check the wiring diagrams to see if there is a similar antenna amp on the Tundra that simply needs to have switched power hooked back up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find anything to indicate my truck may have something like that, but good tip and I'll research a bit more on that front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts