Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some opinions on the various types?

Which is better for which application?

Any others that I missed?

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Microfiber, Microfiber, Microfiber. The only choice IMO. Terry is better than diapers and old t-shirts, but not as good as micro. Micro removes wax/polish from paint easier and has less chance of scratching.

Vroom from target are some great products available local.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Good quality microfiber from Korea is the only choice for me. There are cheaper microfibers made in China that you can buy at retail or big box stores, but there is no subsitute for quality Korean microfibers. They cost more but they are worth every penny. I use the cheaper Chinese towels for door jams and under the hood.

I keep those free AOL trial cd's handy to test my towels. If they scratch the cd they are demoted to door jam duty.

·
Registered
369 Posts
. . . I keep those free AOL trial cd's handy to test my towels. If they scratch the cd they are demoted to door jam duty.
Hey, I like that idea! :tu:

I'm a big fan of quality microfiber, too, but I wish there was a good way to keep 'em stain-free :p while complying with the directions for cleaning 'em once they've been used. Otherwise, they just keep gettin' demoted to messier tasks as they "age".

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Thats why I say if you just buy the cheap ones from target, demote them to wheel/tire duty after you use them on paint. Hell, they are so cheap you could buy 50 of them and only spend like $30.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I p/u mine from Wally World..There pretty cheap there too. I'll stop by Target and P/u some of those Vroom to try. What are the recommendations for cleaning the good ones anyhow??

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
They are both cleaned the same. Wash with a "normal" detergent (no perfumes or anything like that) and then dry with out a dryer sheet.

The more expesive ones last longer where as the cheaper ones can only be washed like once.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Brandon,

What's your view re: the "cheaper" (Chinese, IIRC) microfiber cloths issue of containing non-polyester threads in labels and outer border that can supposedly scratch the finish? Not sure whether the Vroom cloths fit this category, but I believe Target may get a little more for 'em around here than in your neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Hey, if I buy any wal-mart or Target MF's and they pass the CD scratch test, then they are ok. I dont however use them more than twice on paint, then they are for chrome/wheels/etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts