Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Crewmax Texas edition. After driving it down Interstate-35 to a gig in Gruene, I noticed that the small 4" diameter chrome center-cap-thingy popped out of the center of my right rear wheel. It looks terrible, and I'm wondering if this is covered under the 30k warranty and if anyone has ever encountered this issue. I have 29K on it.

On a non-related note, Has anyone had "the dream" yet. (Get your mind out of the gutter). I'm talking about an "accelerator pedal sticking" dream. lol. I had one last week. Rear ended some lady at an intersection. Fortunately I only hit her going <5 mph, but I woke up all flustered. I believe the scientific name for this is called a
"nocturnal acceleration.":D:sleep:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
gonna be hard to prove it fell off while driving but worth a try. if not, usually u can find one on ebay for pretty cheap or try sparks toyota here and they can get u a new one im sure.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Let me know if they replace it under warranty.

I'll never have to worry about tailgate theft, wheel theft, or rock chips in my hood. I'll just tell the dealer it fell off while I was driving.

-Tim

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'd suggest talking to the dealer. I had all 4 centercaps replaced on my 2005 Tacoma due to a couple of them falling out just as you described. It helped that I showed them how easy the remaining ones were to get off the wheel and they told me it was a common problem on those wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered part at the dealer. It took them 2 days to track down the part number. Part 00012T075407

Cost was 18.00

Now If I can just fix the gremlin in my radio. Spit out all six cd's i had in there. Turns on and off. Changes radio stations randomly. I got a call from the producer of "Paranormal Activity," they want to film the sequel in my crew-max.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Ordered part at the dealer. It took them 2 days to track down the part number. Part 00012T075407

Cost was 18.00

Now If I can just fix the gremlin in my radio. Spit out all six cd's i had in there. Turns on and off. Changes radio stations randomly. I got a call from the producer of "Paranormal Activity," they want to film the sequel in my crew-max.
Lots of radios have been bad and have been replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That's what my radio did too... hit a button a little too hard and it would spit all the disks out one at a time. It was replaced under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts