Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I asked on here about a good tire to get for our 2007 s......sombody , I don't remember who, suggested Yokohamma avid TRZ........well I got them and man what a difference..........firmer grip, great ride, firm sidewalls, quiet, we have only had them for a short time.........but I am , for one really happy with them.
I just wanted to take the time to say THANKS for the replys.........the only thing they were below average on ,was the ice braking............I live in fla......all others were above average or excellent.....even the wife felt alot of difference in them....

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did go up one size to 205-70-15 from 195-65-15...............I now have them at 40 lbs......they rode great at 35 lbs........they ought to get better milage and wear at 40 lbs than at 35lbs...........I will update........

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
A while back I asked on here about a good tire to get for our 2007 s......sombody , I don't remember who, suggested Yokohamma avid TRZ........well I got them and man what a difference..........firmer grip, great ride, firm sidewalls, quiet, we have only had them for a short time.........but I am , for one really happy with them.
I just wanted to take the time to say THANKS for the replys.........the only thing they were below average on ,was the ice braking............I live in fla......all others were above average or excellent.....even the wife felt alot of difference in them....
That was me; glad you like them.

Well, you should feel a difference in them where you oversized.

My CE came with 185's i beleive, and the LE's came with 195's. We went with the 205/60's on ours, and they've been great.
Whatever you do, don't overinflate them. They tend to wear in the center of the tread more so if you do. It may be cause we went with the 60 series, but we're now running 34 in the front, and 30 in the rear because of the uneven wear.

Glad i could help.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am hopeing that with the tire being a 70 seires.....I can run the 40lbs of air..
Isn't the 60 seires a little wider than a 70?
It's funny now, on a straight road the car almost drives itself, it doesn't wander .......
I will watch the wear on them ........and THANKS ALOT.........

On another note ..did you notice any milage difference? These are suppose to be above on rolling resistance.....

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I am hopeing that with the tire being a 70 seires.....I can run the 40lbs of air..
Isn't the 60 seires a little wider than a 70?
It's funny now, on a straight road the car almost drives itself, it doesn't wander .......
I will watch the wear on them ........and THANKS ALOT.........

On another note ..did you notice any milage difference? These are suppose to be above on rolling resistance.....
You might be okay, but a chalk test should be in order for you.

Yes, The 60 series is a little wider.

Yeah, our Yokies are pretty straight and smooth as well. That's Yokahama's claim to fame is the less rolling resistance. I think i'm going to spring for the AT/S's as my summer set for my tundra, when my goodyear's wear out. Still sticking with the Cooper STT's for the winter time though.

I really didn't pay much attention to mpg differences with the new tires vs. the old. But i do get much better than averages with our 5-speed. We get 30 city, and 42 hiway. Hiway speeds are at 72 mph; it drops to 39-40 at 75mph. I've been told i could squeeze 50 out of it at 55mph, but who wants to drive that slow?

No problem; glad i could help.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chalk? huh? do tell................ I have gotten as high as 39 on the road with the old.......... well we got 47 on our trip to the keys ..........3 hrs each way at no more than 45 to 50 mph..........3 hrs going and comeing each day for 3 days...........I guess I will stay closer next time.........I expect these to be at least that good..........
my daughter still has some of that BIG chalk sticks for concrete drawing....... will they work? Do tell......

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Chalk? huh? do tell................ I have gotten as high as 39 on the road with the old.......... well we got 47 on our trip to the keys ..........3 hrs each way at no more than 45 to 50 mph..........3 hrs going and comeing each day for 3 days...........I guess I will stay closer next time.........I expect these to be at least that good..........
my daughter still has some of that BIG chalk sticks for concrete drawing....... will they work? Do tell......
Just draw a line across the tire, and go for a little drive. When you get back you can see if it's wearing even or not. If it wears in the center, too much air pressure. If it wears on the outside, it's not enough pressure.

I've never actually done it myself, but i hear it works. Probably should have done it on our corolla.

Yeah, those chalk sticks should work okay.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE.......well guess what?
I am happy with these tires....my wife was getting (with the old tires- original equipment) average 30 to maybe 32 with a mix of city/rural driveing................last two fillups she has gotten 32 or right at 32 mpg with these tires ........it's a little bigger and wider tire with at least as good of mpg.............the performance and drivability of this tire is GREAT......and I am not easy to please......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts