Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after dealing with the cost of the front wheel bearings and the PITA it is to replace these and also the fact that my steering rack is on it's way out, I've decide to remove the Tundra's achilles heel, the cruddy IFS front end. I'm going to be running a Ford king pin high pinion D60 up front and a GM Corporate 14 bolt out back. I;m going to do a right up with a lot of detailed pics. I know That there are some Tundras rolling around, but the info on the swaps I've been able to find was a little limited, so I plan to try and document everything including, measurements of all the key components as well as where I source all the bits and pieces. Hope you will all follow along with this and anyone that's been there and done this is more than welcome to share info.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I've read through the entire site probably ten times over the last couple years thinking about doing this and there is some great info there,, but as I've never done a Tundra SAS I wanted more details and haven't been able to find them the best part I found was the info about using the Landcruiser oil pan parts for clearance for the high steer setup as that's what I plan on running. Getting the axle where I want it will be pretty straight forward some of the things I'm still trying to think out are a steering setup that leaves as much clearance between it and the tires as possible as most of the trails here are tight and I don't want to be rubbing when trying to nav the tight turns. I've ordered my rear 14 bolt and I'm waiting to hear back for the front D60. Some of the pre cutting pics will be up soon.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I look forward to following this! One day, when my life it a little more settled I would like my Tundra to go under the knife. We'll just see if that ever happens.....

It sounds like you will have a great set up though. Are you planning on putting dual cases in now?

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Subscribed.... Look forward to the progress. Any questions, let us know. There's a several of us that are more than willing to help...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts