Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started making this for a friend on another forum and I realized that this could help someone here. My truck has been through a lot of makeovers cause I just couldn't decide how high i wanted to go. I've done a lot of different combo's and I think I finally found the one I like. Anyways here is the history of my truck with quick specs:

Stock suspension comapared to Donahoe coilovers at 2" of lift

Donahoes @ 2.5" of lift and 1" rear block

added 32" tires with 17" rims

Then I removed the Donahoes and 1" block cause I decided I wanted to go bigger. Amazingly my 32" tires still fit. I still rubbed the mudflaps though.

4.5" Tuff Country and 3" Body Lift. Same rims and tires. I cannot find pictures of my truck with just the 4.5" Tuff Country. I added the 3" body lift about 2 months later. :eek: oh well.

decided I still wanted to go bigger.....

5" Tuff Country (added the spindles and longer strut spacer), 4" rear block, 3" Body Lift, and King Coilovers @ 1" of lift. So a total of 9" up front and 7" in the rear. Upgraded to 35" tires and 20" rims.

I really hope this helps someone out who wants to see what "x" amount of lift looks like on our trucks. :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks sweet and thanks for the writeup. I keep tossing around the idea of the 4.5"
That was my whole intention of this visual write-up. So don't make the same mistake as me and just get the lift you really want from the start.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good to see some pictures showing the difference. In another thread, there is a talk about mpg in general. Just curious, were you able to keep a log of the mpg throughout this whole time of different lift and tires? Looks like you can probably go upto 37s w/o much problem. Have the ring/pinion gears been changed?

·
Registered
128 Posts
nice looking truck man!!!!! dont you love being that much higher

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where did you get the body lift?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to see some pictures showing the difference. In another thread, there is a talk about mpg in general. Just curious, were you able to keep a log of the mpg throughout this whole time of different lift and tires? Looks like you can probably go upto 37s w/o much problem. Have the ring/pinion gears been changed?
I can tell you that my stock mpg was 15-16 mpg city and 19-21 highway. With the 2.5" lift and 32" tires it decreased to 13.5 city/18 highway. I've only had these 35" tires for three days. I will post my decrease in mpg after about a month. Yes I know I lost some mpg's. Lol!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice looking truck man!!!!! dont you love being that much higher
Yes I love being at this height. Actually I've always wanted to have a truck with 35" tires so that's the main reason I wanted to go higher.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got the body lift and gap guards from Jegs.com.
Which exact part number did you purchase?

What modifications did you have to make to get it to fit correctly?

Is there any problems we should expect to run into in the install of the body lift?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Which exact part number did you purchase?

What modifications did you have to make to get it to fit correctly?

Is there any problems we should expect to run into in the install of the body lift?
I bought the Performance accessories 3" body lift part# 5623. Gap guards part# 6339. My friend installed the body lift cause he has lots of experience with toyota trucks and lifts. He didn't mention anything about modifying the kit to make it work. I know he spent less than a day to install.

·
Registered
366 Posts
great looking truck. been toying with the idea of the 3 in body for a long time and cramming some 38s and looks like i wont have any trouble. beautiful truck man

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
great looking truck. been toying with the idea of the 3 in body for a long time and cramming some 38s and looks like i wont have any trouble. beautiful truck man
Thanks for the compliment. I think you'll be happy with the 3" body lift. I bet you may have to do some trimming to make 38" tires fit without rubbing. You'll also have to upgrade your brakes cause that is some extra rolling momentum. I already feel the decrease in braking power with my 35" tires.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I think you'll be happy with the 3" body lift. I bet you may have to do some trimming to make 38" tires fit without rubbing. You'll also have to upgrade your brakes cause that is some extra rolling momentum. I already feel the decrease in braking power with my 35" tires.
yea i have 35s now and without the rim they are about 100 lbs each.... sucks but i have over 35k on them already still look new... i pull a 25ft pontoon all the time and the brakes are fine but i thought i may have to trim a little which im fine with may go with the cut out bushwackers.. i can get 8" up front plus the body so hopefully ill be fine. how do u like the ivd rear shocks will prob have to get them as well...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts