Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1331 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 T Force CM. Had to switch two wire on monitor switch connector. Had 6 wires at monitor switch initially. Ordered part 84977-0C100.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: The Official "How to add MPG buttons" thread (some conditions may apply)

2013 DC,4.6L, Non SR-5, Manual bucket seats, Tow Haul Button (tow pkg), Adjustable headlights (angle), Back-up cam in rr view mirror, no Nav. Was Plug & Play for me. Used 84977-0C020.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I will be trying these mod, will post on how it came out. Excellent right up. Got fingers crossed i will have the same luck as many others on this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I completed this mod over the weekend and it works, took about an hour and all went well. Amazing this is not standard on all Tundras. Thanks again for the write up.

·
Registered
1 Posts

2013 4.6L DC, tow pkg, no rear view cam, front bench seat. Added 2 wires between J28 and JL1. Used factory pins and soldered in #22AWG wire between for total length of about 30". Pins at J28 went in no problem. Broke one pin at JL1, so I ended up using the remaining part of the pin connector and stuffed w/ folded over #22AWG. Reset didn't work at first, but checked pin #19 (the one I broke the connector on) at JL1 and got it working.

Thanks for the great instructions!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts

The pics in the first couple posts don't show up. Anybody have the pictures for this mod?

·
Registered
2 Posts

2013 grade, work truck package drive monitor install but without the accessory meter LCD in front display...

bought the drive monitor switch to replace my blank button panel, plugged it in and it didn't work. Before I get started with the jl1/j28 jumper wiring my front display does not contain the accessory meter LCD for displaying the MPG / drive monitor functions. (Deleted in the work truck package) So I purchased the OEM toyota accessory meter which contains the drive monitor LCD readout and have installed it. What happens now is when I put the key in and turn to acc position the clock display's but after ignition the screen goes black and on the successive try the display no longer shows the clock. I can disconnect and reconnect the battery negative and repeat this same pattern where the clock display's until you turn to ignition. Are there wiring instructions for switching the front display with only the clock to the front display that includes the drive monitor LCD?

I do have the wiring harness behind the blank switch plate, its just not working (plug and play) style...

This pic shows the front display without the accessory meter. View attachment 54685

This shows the new OEM front display im trying to get working.

View attachment 54684

Do you remember the part number for the accessory meter you used I found 2, one is 832900c090 and the other is 832900-c100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Here's another one for the books POPO. SUCCESS

08 RCB (GRADE/ V6/ Auto/ 2wd)

Installed Drive Monitor Switch (had 8 wires)

Replaced the Accessory meter (mpg/temp circuitry was not in this one)

Added 3 wires from Junction JL1(pins 17/19/20) to Combo meter J28(pins 28/29/30)

Added 1 wire from Combo meter J28(pin 31) to Accessory Meter K20(pin 10)

Added 1 wire to Accessory Meter K20(pin 23) to IGNITION POWER "KEY ON" (without this, the accessory meter (mpg display will not light up, only the clock will come on).

Added 1 wire to Accesory Meter K20(pin20) to the Combination Meter J28(pin37)[this is the ground side of the illumination circuit, without this when you turn on the headlights, the accessory meter goes dark.

Did you already have a wire in the k20 pin 10 slot? And if you did, what did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2012 work truck but gave it ago anyway. No luck :( Oh well. At least the wiper stalk swap worked.

So, If anyone wants to buy a brand new switch from me for $60 shipped , lmk.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Completed the MPG switch and acc. meter install today along with intermittent wipers(2012 DCLB with work truck deletions).

Wiper stalk were a breeze, plug and play as mentioned in this thread somewhere. Directions are not difficult to find.

MPG switch was a lot more work, but I followed the directions on the "Start Here" page and on page 54. It works! It dims as it should. Took out acc. meter #xxx30, and replaced with xxx90. Switch was xxx20, no sonar, no electric seats.

First time I've taken the dash apart. It took me awhile, mostly to make sure I was doing it right.

It would have been a lot easier if all the pictures were here. The most difficulty I had was figuring out which connectors were which, and where they were. This is the part where pictures would have been most helpful. Im regretting that I did not take any pictures, I didn't because my confidence in what I was doing was on the low side. That said, the directions on page 1 & 54 were perfect.

The radio acc. power wire is the gray wire (there are 2). The one you want is the one on the row with the fewer wires. I used the splice connectors that you place the wires into and press the button in with a pliers to lock into the connection and while releasing some kind of self hardening gel that locks it all together. The ones I used had holes for three wires. Phone technicians used to use them back when we all had land lines.

·
Registered
1 Posts

It worked for me! 2008 RCSB TRD. I had to add the two wires. I bought the sonar switch so I have an extra button to do something with at some point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So... I have no idea what side of the connectors I need to look at as none of them are numbered so idk where to start counting to find the pin. I have a 2011 4.7 and if I'm looking at the harness right, I have wires in the #28 And #30 slots but I have 6 wires at the switch and no idea what side of the harness I need to look at to verify wires. The slots where a purple and blue wire are supposed to be at have a purple and pink wire so that's got me more confused.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2012 grade tundra with the buttons from the factory with 8 wires. I tried the 2 wire mod with no luck. Any thoughts? Anyone have pics or diagrams? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi mbgarner,

Have performed the same thing on my base 2013 Tundra and I as experiencing the same issue as you. I am currently researching for the fix. Have you found the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts

2013 Tundra base work truck, bench seat , column shift.

replaced drive monitor and switch, performed wiring from JL1 to J28 (3 wires), clock works only.....until lights are turned on then drive monitor goes completly blank/black...

Is there anything I's missing?

Any help would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts

I have a 2010 SR5 with 8 wires, 17-28 and 19-30 it worked thank you... My suggestion get the pins

I will try to get some pictures up.

Thank you -J

·
Registered
3 Posts

2007 SR5 with 8 wires as well but missing wires between 17-28 and 19-30. Got info button to work and put it all back together now reset doesn't work. Must be bad connection, I did not buy the pins seeing as it adds another $50 to this little mod! All I had was stranded wire so I'll try to find some solid core and try it again.

I ended up finding the pins required on ebay from a seller that puts together kits to add cruise control on small Toyota cars. It was only $14 shipped for the 4 pins with 6" leads. I'll let you know how they work.

·
Registered
2 Posts

hello my name Larry and my son found this drive monitor buttons in a junk yard and I tried to put it in my 2010 Toyota tundra 4.6l ext cap base model truck but all it would do in change F to C so I seen your post and not going to lie not very good at working on cars mostly when it come to wiring.... so would you still have pics of how you wired this up the plug in my truck haves 6 wires not sure what yr the buttons came from or any of that but I do have a pic of it if you like to see it from top to bottom the buttons go like this top----info
mid----select reset
bottom--setup us/m
if any of that help you help grate awesome if you need more info from me email me here or send me a number and ill call you......thank you taking time out of you day to help all of us:crying:

Attachments

1301 - 1320 of 1331 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
492 Participants
jpm.cuisine
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing