Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 2 years I have been dealing with a over heating problem on my 01 Tundra and I was wondering if anyone had some insight...

I because of my mechanics incorrect diagnostics I have replace in the past year my:

Thermostat
Thermostathousing
Water pump/Housing
Radiator 3x's!!!!!
All Hoses
Transmission
Ignition Coils
Knock Senor
Exhaust Manifold
Used Japan Motor 30,000 miles
spark plugs........ the list goes on

Basically the only 2 things that haven't been replaced are the supercharger and the ECU. Has anyone had problems with their tundra's overheating due to having a supercharger? Does the ECU need to be programmed specifically to run a supercharger? If so, is it possible someone forgot to program it? Can I put a stock intake manifold back on the car bypassing the supercharger? Toyota and TRD and multible auto shops has failed to figure out what wrong with my car. If anyone has any insight on what might be the problem on my car it would be much appreciated!

I think my truck has been possessed! I need a Exorcist!!!!! :devil::td:

·
Registered
84 Posts
PM SENT AWAITING RESPONSE

Here is what I need you to tell me. I need as much information about Each as you can give me.

Supercharger oil level?
what Intake do you have
Hot under non boost or under boost or both?
how much Boost?
CAMS?
Antifreeze? or straight water?
Exhaust..CATS...ETC?
Spark plug Temperature range and type.

What engine and supercharger kit?

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Its almost obvious that's either Mechanical fan, or improper radiator (aftermarket radiators are way too thin for SC, and if mechanical fan is not operating properly, it will overheat. I had this issue and Victor/mustang helped me out) Now I have almost 2x thicker then stock radiator and properly working mechanical fan.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
PM SENT AWAITING RESPONSE

Here is what I need you to tell me. I need as much information about Each as you can give me.

Supercharger oil level?
what Intake do you have
Hot under non boost or under boost or both?
how much Boost?
CAMS?
Antifreeze? or straight water?
Exhaust..CATS...ETC?
Spark plug Temperature range and type.

What engine and supercharger kit?
I wonder why so many questions? I had 9+ psi boost with TRD SC, and ran my truck trough Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma heat (over 100*F). I had stock radiator, stock intake, stock spark plugs, stock cams, toyota antifreeze. Only aftermarket were headers. Truck ran fine. Now I have stock TRD SC on my 05 Tundra V8 and drove from CA to east coast and back many times with out any issues (on many occasions I tow 5K+ trailer). I even met a member in Dallas TX who also have TRD SC on his 06 Tundra and I've dynoed my truck at 108*F with out any cooling fan on a dyno (again zero overheating issues). My truck is 100% stock for exception of radiator and SC

·
Registered
554 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but what were you going by to confirm the engine was overheating ? Just the OE gauge or were there secondary symptoms ? ( boilover etc. ) It seems that you have changed ( by your list ) everything except the temp sender/gauge and the exhaust system. A secondary means of temperature measurement may help shed some light. Any lean codes, or codes of any kind ? You may want to run an exhaust backpressure test as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.