Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Its really all personal preference. I have driven both and been impressed with both. We have had dodge rams since 1995 all the way up to 2007. We right now have an 07 dodge ram 2500 quad cab slt cummings with the new 6.7....An 06 2500 mega cab laramie 4x4 cummings with the 5.9....An 06 dodge ram 1500 4x4 laramie with the hemi and my 04 dodge ram 1500 4x4 hemi that is all tricked out...(its my baby). My mother used to sell toyotas at a local dealership for 11 years so we have owned several toyota's including the tundra. We have never had any problems with our dodges and they have all had routine maintence except for one. My 04 Hemi rear end went out 2 months ago and i had to replace the gears and seal. The truck never had a problem till it hit 99,500. Now i have this truck lifted with 35/13.50/18 and i dog the **** out of this truck in the mud and towing 7000lbs + almost 3 times a week so if you ask me, the fact nothing broke sooner is amazing. If you compare both trucks before the new 2007 tundras came out..i would def go with the dodge. But to each person you have different uses for your vehicle. I use mine for towing, hauling around people, and mudding. The 4.7 would never match the hemi power wise with a max towing capacity of i think 6800lbs in the double cab vs. the 8100lbs in the quad cab hemi. The toyota is a little more comfortable inside then the dodge and is a little more car like. The new body style of the 06 and up dodge is redesinged and is quiter inside then our 06 limited avalon or atleast pretty damn close too it. The new tundra however is an actual true half town as the previous one was only a 7/8ths. It has the most horsepower and torque out of any half town with 381hp/401lb. It looks really good too and the Crew max is really big.(Its not as big as our mega cab but it has plenty of room) It is really you own choice on which you want to buy because they are both great trucks but the toyota will probably be a little bit more reliable.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Well i can see from reading all the post this can go on forever. There are pros and cons to each vehicle and everyone has their own opinion based on past experiences with each vehicle. My family and I have owned only dodges and toyotas for as long as i can remember. Right now in my driveway are 4 dodge rams (04 quad cab hemi laramie 4X4(my baby), 06 quad cab cummings 4x4 slt, 07 mega cab laramie 6.7 cummings 4x4, and an 06 quad cab hemi laramie 4X4) Also we have an 06 scion tc 2.0 release series, an 06 limited toyota avalon, and an 06 toyota corolla. Both are great vehicles imho. But if you own a dodge and your tranny goes out after 70,000 miles...obviously your going to be impartial to the quality of a dodge. Just because it happened to one dodge doesn't mean it will happen to all dodges. We got rid of an 88 ram van 2 years ago that had the **** just beaten out of it. It was a work truck and the body looked like crap from just being beat on. 4x4 holding up the roof in two spots, bungee cords holding the back door closed and etc..etc... But when we got rid of it, it had 478,000 miles on it and only thing we replaced was the clutch and ac pump the entire time! Come on if that is not a testament to quality i don't know what is. We also had an 01 sequoia we got rid of when we got our 04 sequoia and it had 192,000 miles on it with nothing wrong when we got rid of it...never had a single problem other then the 6 disc indash eating a cd or 2. So each person can have problems with each or can havenon problems at all. Its really all on how you treat the vehicle and rarely you will get one that will have mutiple problems but like i said its rare but it happens. Doesn't mean the automaker makes a bad vehicle...its just that particular one had something go wrong with it. Haha so does anyone agree with me on this one?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Just curious but does the 5.7 Tundra performance change after a break in period like the Hemi does? At 5000 miles the Hemi IS quite different than a new one, computer dictated, not just loosened up.
How did your hemi change or loosen up? My runs just like the day we bought it and we have two...an 04 and 06 so i have the first hemi they brought back and the new one with MDS or MSD that shuts off 4cyl at highway speeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.