Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I bought my '95 Ram 1500 Supercab Longbed 4X2 brand new. Loved the look and still do. It was a great truck until it hit 75,000 miles. Then it started falling apart. It got to the point where I could have spent a thousand dollars a month trying to keep it on the road. I also had experienced the dealer who never could find the problems I would describe while under warranty but after the warranty expired they diagnosed the problems right away.

My wife's last car was a Ford Windstar that we had custom built for her. Paid $31,000 for it. We had to sell it five years later for $6000. It had never been in an accident and looked brand new. But mechanically it was a piece of junk. Same complaint about Ford service department. Warranty problems could never be found.

My in-laws have owned Toyotas and Hondas for years with no problems and always had good things to say about the quality of the service departments.

I was fed up with the unreliability of the "Big Three." It was time for a change. My wife now drives a Honda (with no troubles at all) and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Tundra.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I hear what your saying! The 1995 Rams had all
kinds of problems. The auto trannys were the
biggest issue. A major problem with the Gen.II
5.2 and 5.9L engines was a intake manifold plenum
leak. I believe their were also water pump and
brake issues as well. The difference in quality
between a 95 Gen II and a 04-06 Gen III is night
and day.
Right on all scores. It seemed like that Ram had to have new brake pads with every oil change. The tranny was fine as long as you never needed 1st or 4th gear. Also put in two starters, four radiators, four heater coils, and two steering systems.

I am glad to hear that you are happy with your Ram. I was happy with mine too for the first 70 or 75K miles. But, if I were you, I'd be stashing away a few dollars a month for a future replacement, just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.