Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tundra is sitting at the dealer right now waiting for them to process it and deliver it. Might be tomorrow, might be Wednesday, might be Thursday.

I have literally lost sleep thinking about this thing. I woke up at 4 am and was thinking Tundra and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm almost 40 years old and yet when it comes to this stuff, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve! (only this time the present isn't free)

Being the geek that I am, I even went to the dealer last Saturday to get the owners manual. I've read it a couple of times already.

It's only a vehicle... It's only a vehicle...

But, I can't complain since some are waiting for months for their ride. I lucked out that they had the exact truck on the lot that I wanted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Holy Crap... That is too funny. Mine arrived Saturday night and I feel the exact same way. I couldn't sleep last night, just because it is soooo close. I stopped by today, and they were finishing the inspection, and put in the box liner, etc. Tommorrow they are cleaning, I actually don't know if I will get it tomorrow or till Wednesday. Patience Brother.... That is what I keep telling myself. I think they got the hint when at 5:00 today I was spraying the garden hose ready to wash.....

I hope you went to check your truck out. They didn't mind me there at all, mechanic lifted truck checked stuff, told me stuff, it was a get chance to shake hands with my new mechanic. Made me fell comfortable who this guy was and for future service. The truck was amazing, I loved it so much..... It is going to be a long night again.

Just one more sleep.... Just one more sleep..... :eek:

PS I am 38 and am no better.... I bought the truck blind. No test drive, didn't even sit in one, all the folks here at ts sold me over the last 1-1/2 years. How patietic is that! I'll put $20.00 bucks on who will get theirs first! :) No cheating - How about first to post pictures, that should keep our minds of the rids.

Yes and don't read that thread, I haven't sleep in 2 days, and have the dealer under video survelence :D

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Nice to hear I'm not the only truck geek out there. Once mine came in and I had to wait on processing and my bed liner, my wife made me sleep in the guest room for 2 nights cause I couldnt stop tossing and turning. 34 years old and I felt like I was waiting up for Santa. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Likewise

Mine arrived at my dealer on 4/16 late morning, I felt like a perv cruisin the lot several times a day checking to see where it was in the process. I woke up early on 4/17 & 4/18 (5:00 am) from Tundra Dreams Picked it up 4/19 and have 600+ km on it already..... Can't stop smiling.

Also 38..... Sounds like we're just a bunch of big silly kids.

BTW Hope your cheerin for the Sen's

As I'm typing this the Canucks just scored 2 - 1 Vancouver / 13 minutes left Game 7

Good luck with the truck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Kids we are.... But now Canucks just took a penalty, hold your pants...

What are you doing watching hockey. I plan on sleeping in mine in the driveway, for at least a week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Tundra is sitting at the dealer right now waiting for them to process it and deliver it. Might be tomorrow, might be Wednesday, might be Thursday.

I have literally lost sleep thinking about this thing. I woke up at 4 am and was thinking Tundra and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm almost 40 years old and yet when it comes to this stuff, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve! (only this time the present isn't free)

Being the geek that I am, I even went to the dealer last Saturday to get the owners manual. I've read it a couple of times already.

It's only a vehicle... It's only a vehicle...

But, I can't complain since some are waiting for months for their ride. I lucked out that they had the exact truck on the lot that I wanted.

I had to laugh when I read this! I borrowed an owner's manual the day I ordered mine March 13 and stayed up late reading it.

I wasn't expecting mine for another week or so, then the salesman called me today and said it was here! I was dying to get over to have a look, then got stuck in heavy traffic and nearly missed my chance. I only got to sit in it for a few minutes, but I love it.:D

Double cab limited, pyrite mica, sand beige leather, nav, backup camera, sonar, brushed stainless running boards, etc. I'm the old man here apparently at 55, but I feel like a kid in a candy store. And I get to pick it up tomorrow!:D :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kids we are.... But now Canucks just took a penalty, hold your pants...

What are you doing watching hockey. I plan on sleeping in mine in the driveway, for at least a week.
She's turnin into a scrum bye jeezus :devil:

It's not bedtime yet is it..... C'mon dad just 5 more minutes
:sleep:

·
Registered
548 Posts
i dont know how you guys can wait. mine came in 3/28 around 11am. i called every day, multiple times, up until then.
i said im coming down to pick her up. GM says but we are just getting it off the truck right now. Thats ok, I'll be there in the afternoon. So he goes on how he needs a day to inspect, clean inside, wash, test, etc. Umm, no I say. Do the PDI inspection, and I'll be happy. I dont care if you dont have time to wash or clean inside.
So I get there, and PDI and wash was done, not inside though. Fine by me, I got my truck the same day, just not all detailed inside. I could have done without the wash as well, I hate anyone but me washing my truck, and carwashes are not acceptable.
I didnt have to have anything installed at the dealer..............
good luck with your truck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow!! The iGuide is awesome! Thanks for sharing that link. I had no ideas such a thing existed!:tu:
Also, FYI, the truck will come with a CD containing the iGuide.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can feel everyone's pain here. Ordered mine on 4/9 and still have no idea of a build date. I refuse to call the dealer and hound him for info. Although I may have traveled through the dealers lot a few times since then. :) I make sure to drive through when they are closed. Nothing worse than the dealers knowing how anxious you are. The real torture is there is an almost exact match of what I want sitting on the lot. Only real difference; the one on the lot is a crew cab and I want a doublecab. Same color, most options, and everything. Torture I tell you, torture!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I just got a call from the dealer. Truck will be ready for pickup at 5:30 pm tomorrow.

He said they cleaned it up and it looks really sharp.

One more sleepless night!

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Well, I'm torn. Like all of y'all, I can't wait to get my damned truck. At the same time though, i want to sell my corvette first, so that I can pay cash for the tundra.
My credit got shot last year when HSBC accepted some recurring charge on my cc, that I had closed 3 years prior. I refused to pay them, so now my credit score is tanked. I don't want to finance for any length of time because of the paperwork B.S...even though I'll pay it off when I sell the C6.:)
I want to be able to go in there, tell them I want to finance, to work the price lower, and then decide to pay cash when I get in front of the finance mgr.:devil:
I ordered the the thing on 3/26 and the internet sales guy said yesterday that it will arrive on May 10th-ish. I want to buy all sorts of stuff for it, like the TRD shift knob, but I'm trying to just contain myself
I've gone through the iGuide and am burned out. I've freaked out over possible port crap being added, and I've worried about them selling my truck out from under me...I want it, so that ... I just want the dang thing:cry::cry::cry:

So far, not much market in the Columbia area for a slightly moded Corvette...any takers? If I can sell it now, I'll hunt down a damned truck before mine comes in.:cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ah crap.... Sea Dragon, I think mine is ready tommorrow that was the plan I was told Monday, but I didn't get any call.... Good luck, and drop the pedal for me...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got the Call!!!!! 1:00 today guys..... I am smiling like I had sex. :eek:

No, no, no .... right now all you've had is foreplay. After 1:00 is when the real fun begins.:tu:

Enjoy that new ride and new truck smell. Ain't nothing like it.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts