Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . I bought a 2001 Corvette last Februray of 2009. I had sold my streetbike 2 years prior on account of it being too dangerous on the streets nowadays to be on a motorcycle. Granted, I had been riding for 20 years and accumulated over 200,000 miles on 7 different streetbikes, Ninja's and CBR's so I had to get out while I was ahead. I think often about getting another streetbike but like the Corvette so much more, how things change, right? If I were to get any bike, it would be a dual sport to tool around on and go off-road every now and then. I even sold my CR500R so I have no 2 wheel toys anymore.

I made my 2004 Tundra my dedicated winter-beater and tow vehicle for both the snowmobiles and boat.

Now I get in it about once a week in the summer to get gas for the boat and to run other errands and I definitely appreciate it more now that I don't drive it nearly as much as I used to. Even after 7 years and 101,000 miles, every time I get in the truck and drive, it feels absolutely brand new.

I'm sure it helps that I have recent shocks, change all the fluids regularly as well as the filters, not to mention it is a Toyota Tundra.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I know the feeling man. I used to have a 93 dodge dakota POS!!! then I bought a 2002 Tundra 4x4 jade mica LTD and 4 days after buying it I had to go to Seattle for a month (got married there) I missed my truck so bad.... I wanted to drive it there but the wife said :nono:

·
Registered
330 Posts
i just had to make a 2000km trip to see family, so i borrowed my father in laws 2007 mazda b4000 (cheaper on gas than my tundra) , and when i finally got home i realised that i should have taken my tundra, his mazda is fully loaded, just like mine, but mine rides like a caddy compared to it, plus mine has double the power, and my tundra is 8 years old, next time im gonna pay the extra money on gas to comprimise for comfort and power! i love my tundra! i just cant believe that it rides way better than a brand new truck!

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Great post. I know the feeling too well. Have not had my Toy on the road since August 2009 (NE truck meet). My work assignment makes it difficult when I am 3000 miles from home. I average 300-500 miles per year now, and enjoy every one of them. I am heading home in about 3 weeks, for family and some play time. More mods to do, and of course, time to enjoy taking the baby out for some exercise. Heck, my 2000 will be a classic soon (in my mind), especially for low miles . A Florida truck as we say in NE, based in MA, is tough to believe for some, but, I did not plan it this way. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it comes to the thought of saving some money, I dismiss it each and every time as I always think, 'Life is truly too short, I had better use what I have because I know I can't get the time back and the $10-30 more in gas I'd have to pay is nothing because I sure as heck can't take it with me when I'm gone.'

2 regrets I'm NOT going to ever have when I'm on my deathbed.

1. I wish I drove my Tundra less or got better gas mileage with it and,

2. I wish I watched more TV/Movies.

I hope to keep my truck around to give to my son 17 years from now, we will see about this one and see if TS is still around come that time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i've been away for 2 weeks on vacation and finally came home today. now just waiting to put the jba headers on that i got prior to the trip and will fall in love all over again:laughing3d:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts