Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. just wondering where the hell these rims came from, mine is the only tundra ive ever seen them on, what year or model toyota are they off of!? i friggen hate them, i never liked 3 spoked...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but the pic is a 5 spoke, thats what i mean, i cant find any infor about the 3 spoke..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
they almost look like Ford wheels...wonder if someone swapped them and just bought the toyota center caps.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
fred flintstone had a set of wheels like that! i remember an episode where barney was giving fred a hard time about his limestone colored wheels and they looked out the window to see dino hiking a leg on one. wilma wouldn't have that so she made fred go and get some shiny new wheels to break dino of his bad habit as dino was scared of his reflection. i wish my beagle and pyrenees were like that.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have trouble believing those are factory for a TRD. IF I had to guess I'd say they were off a bare-bones basic work-truck Tundra or possibly some other base model truck with the same bolt pattern. The owner may have had aftermarket rims and had those as a spare winter set, then left those on and kept the nice ones when they sold it to you.

2nd from the bottum.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/wheel/toyota/tundra.html

·
Registered
313 Posts
they almost look like Ford wheels...wonder if someone swapped them and just bought the toyota center caps.
my first thought too. but as somebody pointed out, f150's are 5 lug

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok cool thanks guys, im keeping them for my snow tires as well, ill be getting new rims/tires soon thank god lol..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
forgot ford was 5 lugs...my bad! They don't look like the steelies I've seen.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i've seen these before. They are the basic steel rim that came on base Tundra's. Think gardening truck....with very few options. My neighbor has these on his Tundra. Not my preference either.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
What's interesting is that your truck is a TRD. I thought the TRD package had better wheels as part of the package.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's interesting is that your truck is a TRD. I thought the TRD package had better wheels as part of the package.

i imagine the guy has the other rims, these were the winter rims, cuz its got studded winters on them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts