Toyota Tundra Forums banner

721 - 740 of 761 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Holy cow Batman:tu:. Read through this thread at work last night and just found the secret front bench seat console. Now I have twice the storage space as before now that my top half the console storage when I dont have a person sittiing in the middle seat. My fabric bottom pull tab was tucked in the seam and now I found out that there is this large secret storage bin thats been there all along built into the bench seat. It is totally hidden if your fabric pull tab is not showing then you would never of known. That or should of read through the owners manual sooner. Now that I know it is there and can tuck in the fabric pull tab now I have a hidden compartment to customize for my personal stuff.

Another added bonus as mentioned in thread was to find out when upper center console is in upright position, all storage compartments are locked and the kids and people sitting in back seats cannot push to open. Cool.............
Thanks TS Tundra owners.......:ts:

2011 Crew Max Front bench seat. Truck seats 6 with shoulder straps......

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whoa! This one is truly awesome!

I've never seen this one before. Like some many before me, no I'm going to have to read the manual.

-EDIT I don't know what happened - this was in response to the tailgate pressure warning...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's a quick one I just discovered (sorry if this has been mentioned already - didn't see it in a quick scan)...for those of you with CM's and a sunroof, you can open the sunroof by putting the key in the driver's side door, turning to the right, and holding for about 10 seconds. The roof will start to open and stop when you release the key. I use this all the time when getting into a hot car. Rather than getting in, turning to "on", and opening the sunroof, I just turn the key, load my stuff, get in, and go.
I have tried this in every vehicle my wife or I have owned... Except THIS Tundra (it's my 3rd)!
I'm going out to try it right now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, I was just clarifying before we had everyone all like "WTH, mine don't automatically go up when I remove the keys"...:scared:
Original post below was a bit misleading to the newcomers.:biggrin1:
It took me 3 years to figure this one out... and there have been very few on here that I didn't know.

Still my favorite thread by the way!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did not see this in the posts listed here but I was pretty impressed when I accidentally found the button that caused my outside mirrors to fold back flush against the doors.
I love this feature. Many times when I park in lots I will press it to flip them in.
Here's a tip:
When you flip them in, after you take the key out & open your driver door to get out you can press (or de-press) the button. That way when you come back & crank the Tundra to drive home the mirrors automagically flip back out!
I love it, people, especially passengers, look & assume that it happens automatically when you crank like in Mercedes or Lexus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On navigation systems you can change the direction that the arrow points via voice commands. In other words by default your arrow points in the direction you are traveling down if you are going south, left if you are going east etc... I prefer the arrow always pointing UP. You can change this by using voice commands. I could not find another way to change this...

Now if I could only find a way to tell me each tire's pressure (I don't think you can) and how I can lock the doors with the remote while one is open!

Neil
If you just tap the compass icon on the screen it will change the orientation. Sometimes it happens accidentally...

·
Registered
9 Posts
misplaced a cell phone in the truck, tried to find it by calling with another cell phone, listening to ring. Blue tooth on, so heard the ring over speaker. Shut the radio off, blue tooth still worked when I placed the call

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont have an "Auto" mode for headlights...they are either "off" (DRL's running) or "on". With the headlights "off" I can still flash an oncoming car that has hi-beams on by pulling the lever towards me. I always thought the headlights had to be "on" for the flash thing to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I just bought my 07 tundra, Thanks for all the heads up. Is there a forum talking about the electrical glitches . I tap the brake and the dash lights up around the heater head. also my cruise will not work if the lights are on. any one know about this and how to fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hello, I just bought my 07 tundra, Thanks for all the heads up. Is there a forum talking about the electrical glitches . I tap the brake and the dash lights up around the heater head. also my cruise will not work if the lights are on. any one know about this and how to fix it? Thanks
Check the rear brake light bulbs. Occasionally, with a dual filament bulb, the filament will break, and fall on the second filament. When the broken filament is energized (like the brake light is turned on by pressing the brake pedal), it will bleed current to the second filament and backfeed the circuit. In this case, it sounds like the brake light filament may be energizing the parking light circuit, as well as the dash lights.

It happened to me with a commercial fleet. The cab lights would all illuminate when you hit the brakes. Give it a shot, before you start the very involved trouble shooting route.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You shouldnt let the gas get that low. The reason why the guage doesnt match up with whats in your tank, is toyota designed it so the fuel pump would be constantly submerged.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is still one of my favorite active threads on any forum. This week, I discovered a new one, which I've not seen in this thread. I apologize if it's already there. In my 2013 CM 5.7, if I manually shift down to 1st gear so that the "1" is showing on the dash (in preparation to destroy another Ford at a stoplight), and he chickens out, rather than go through all of the gears or shift up to drive, simply hold the shifter up and if you hold it for a second or two, it automatically goes to drive. Just one of those little things.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2007 Tundra, and found out something new the other day.. I like to carry a spare quart of oil with me
at all times, and noticed that the rear door panels hold 1 quart perfectly, and upright.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
If you get the truck sideways with traction control on it beeps at u. Lol dry dirt + auto LSD = many beeps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
After owning my 2012 DC for a few weeks, I've found that if you purposely park next to F-150s, Siverados, and/or Rams, you get dirty looks from their owners. Apparently the drivers of those inferior trucks suffer from "size envy" and just HATE it when a Tundra is nearby.

In a related story, while still at the dealership signing papers I called my insurance agent to notify her of change of vehicle (traded in my Tacoma). She told me my premium went DOWN on the Tundra. When I asked her why the Tundra was cheaper, she said, "If you get hit by another truck, you'll only get a dent, but if you hit another truck, it will be demolished".

True story.

I did the same thing... 2008 Tacoma to 2011 Tundra. Insurance went down.

721 - 740 of 761 Posts
About this Discussion
760 Replies
422 Participants
BR07tun
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing