Toyota Tundra Forums banner

741 - 760 of 761 Posts

·
Fellow Tundra Owner
1,844 Posts
Just bought a 2012 CM with 3K miles on it over the weekend and I was surprised by the better turning radius than my old 2002 Tundra Access Cab. Found the adjustment for the headlights today and thought that was pretty cool for when I tow my boat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Little things you've discovered about your Tundra...

I get the feeling A lot of tundra owners are of the "mature"(see old:eek:) crowd,this could explain alot:focus:
hey, i resemble that remark! im a red head as well, you all know NOT to piss off a red head, right? RIGHT?!

lee

·
Registered
239 Posts
until I read the manual. SR5 model

This could be a good thread to highlight little things we didn't know our trucks did until we read the manual. I know, so un-manly. :rolleyes:

1. That the head lights (W/O automatic light control system) will turn off automatically if left on. Page 164

2. The The gas pump icon in the fuel guage points to which side the gas cap is on. Page 41

3. Turning the key to start momentarily and releasing it will cause the crank hold function to keep cranking the engine until it starts. You just bump start and release key. Page 462

4. If the engine coolant temp is low or you are in 4L the tranny will not shift into overdrive. Page 217

They're just little things that caught my eye when reading the manual.
I was wondering why in 4L the tranny only shifted up to 4th.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The headlights that turn off automatically are inconvenient for those times when you need headlights or parking lights on a few minutes to see what you are doing but don't want to leave the truck running unattended. On my 2013 DC SR5, if you turn the lights off, turn the ignition off, and then turn the lights back on they will stay on. Don't know if they stay on indefinitely or just several minutes - I got tired of waiting. This is handy when towing the travel trailer.

The power outlets are only fused for 10 amps which is not enough to run a decent-sized portable air compressor. Never mind how I know this.

Mine has bucket seats and console. There is a face plate in the dash in front of the shifter with 2 power outlets and a deep pocket for purposes unknown. It's a perfect place to mount your trailer brake controller, and if you stick your thumbs in both sockets and pull gently that faceplate will come out of 2 spring-loaded latches. Unplug the 2 power outlet wires and you can take that piece to the workbench and mount whatever. Meanwhile, it leaves a leaves a nice big hole to route your wires.

The flip-down storage compartment under the arm rest in the door is perfect for a NA Arms derringer. Use a thin piece of foam to prevent rattles.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Was driving my 2014 DC with the Entune Premium when I received a text message. Not only did it print the message out on the radio display, a nice lady that lives in the dash actually read the message to me. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Was driving my 2014 DC with the Entune Premium when I received a text message. Not only did it print the message out on the radio display, a nice lady that lives in the dash actually read the message to me. Pretty cool.
It became annoying so I disabled mine..

·
Registered
98 Posts
i guess the p/o of my '07 kept that nice lady! its a good thing, my wife wouldnt approve! (mine didnt come with that option, sigh.)

lee

·
Registered
51 Posts
I didn't know that I would join a Toyota enthusiast website, after buying the best half ton pickup on the market, and have to listen to guys plugging Ford eco-boosts and making comments about how they wouldn't trust owning a 2nd gen Tundra in Alaska.(amongst many, many other asinine comments made, putting the 2nd gen down).
If you don't own a 2nd gen and/or you're not a 2nd gen enthusiast, why would you post in the 2nd gen section and bash it and suggest buying another brand?
It never occurred to me that I should troll around in the 1st gen section and make ignorant comments or suggest buying a Ford, to get under peoples' skin.
No skin off my back, just think it's a bit odd.
I own a 3rd I thank they all are allsome trucks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
I own a 2015 CM 1794 - QUESTION: Can anyone confirm if the side view mirror adjustment switch located on the dash console lights up like the other switches do at night?

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my 2011 Access Cab, SR5, the power driver's seat will go verrry far forward, giving me enough room to change boots, clothes or whatever in the back seat. Very handy for putting on cold weather fishing wear for under the waders, and putting on waders. Haven't tried the manual passenger seat--maybe it does the same thing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
the mirror adjustment button and the power button to fold in the mirrors[located right next to the morror adj. button] do not light up in my 2007 limited. cant speak for the newer models

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
They are not lighted on my 2011 Limited either. I don't think Toyota lights the controls that they suggest should not be operated while driving.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't know this before, nor have I seen it mentioned/read about it in the manual.

I had my phone connected to the radio via Bluetooth for taking/making hands free calls while on the road. On this particular occasion, I was parked and had returned from inside the parts store. I hopped in the truck, put the key in the ignition, turned it to On to roll up the windows to make it easier to hear, then I turned the key back to Accessory and dialed a call.

The radio was off when I pulled into the lot and was still turned off. When I put the phone up to my ear, I noticed that the radio display showed that it was dialing and the ring was coming from the speaker as is the case when the radio is on.

Again, I didn't know that this was possible, pretty cool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok I believe I have read most of this thread.

Some great information.

My 15 SR5 has a knob that I asked the dealer about when I bought it and was told it was to dim the instrument panel.
I adjusted it several times on my way home with do deference. So when I got up the next morning I started into the owners manual.

Well it turns out that knob actually adjust headlight angle while driving down the road and if you haul a camper or other load you can aim headlights lower so you are not blinding on coming traffic.
I added a 2" leveling kit to the front and have reset my headlights so they are not in the guy in front of me mirrors. But if you cut me off I can just roll that switch up and you get to light them up.

Good job Toyota.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also like the fact that when I upgraded my mirrors they were wired for the turn signals and they worked. PLUG & PLAY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It doesn't .... I went to the dealer a few months ago thinking I might have an electrical issue or a blown fuse. They called me 20 minutes later to tell me that there's no light in behind that switch

741 - 760 of 761 Posts
About this Discussion
760 Replies
422 Participants
BR07tun
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing