Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Street racing, Fast and the Furless (no wait, that was a different kind of film)...Fast and the Furious style is just dumb. Unless of course its in some deserted area with no cops, then its ok.

But seriously, you should try to get a brochure from a local track, then pass it around at work, get some real interest from the co-workers, maybe say you'll let the chick in reception drive your truck in the race. Something like that.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
you wheel set up is gonna kill you if he is stock... i drove my buddies 4.8 single cab and it was pretty damn impressive... he'll take you also bc your eahaust set up is loosing power too.
I agree, I had a 2WD 4.8 Cheby 99, and it was pretty quick. I put big wheels and tires on my truck Tundy and I am no longer faster than my buddy's new Ford !!! We are now the same!! :( You don't have 5 speed either.

Good luck

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
well im an electrician and work on a job site, not a whole lot of chics, and when there is.....well lets just say theres not a whole lot of chics where i work.

So....after work today, i finally got him to have a go. found a long strip of empty road. even had another co-worker join in, but he had a '07 2500 HD silverado. three of us lined up and had a go. he got the jump off the line but only for about a second, then i pretty much had him by 1 1/2 lentgths the rest of the race. the 2500 was in both of our rear view mirrors. had another go, but the 2nd time i got him by a little more, he didnt get me too bad on the launch. really felt the tires holding me back both times on the launch.

BOTTOM LINE.... i get free lunch tomarrow.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I'm shocked! Street racing!

Shame on you!

There could have been defenseless bunny rabbits that could have been killed, or at least scared, or possibly confused!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
There could have been defenseless bunny rabbits that could have been killed, or at least scared, or possibly confused!
HAHAHA!!! This just made my day! :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
thanks. man the real annoying part was after the race. the guy was all like blah blah my truck still looks better, tundras look so plain, and on and on about how silverados are the best looking truck out there... but i told him i couldnt tell because all i saw was the front of his truck from my rear view mirror. not to mention he had more HP and was lighter, and i had my tires... was not a happy camper. just hope he holds to his end of the bargain.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
thanks. man the real annoying part was after the race. the guy was all like blah blah my truck still looks better, tundras look so plain, and on and on about how silverados are the best looking truck out there... but i told him i couldnt tell because all i saw was the front of his truck from my rear view mirror. not to mention he had more HP and was lighter, and i had my tires... was not a happy camper. just hope he holds to his end of the bargain.
I'd be hoping that he'd welch on the deal, it would be ten times as good as him buying lunch, cuz then you'd be able to tell everybody what a sore loser he was in addition to not being able to drive, in addition to buying a crappy truck, in addition to the crappy truck being slow.

It would be priceless!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
its funny because he was talking about how his plug in programmer was sooo much better than my unichip, his magnaflow was better than my flowmaster, and his airaid was better than my K&N on and on. he has to eat so much.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Great!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts