Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying thank you for your expert opnion. Yes I can just go to KBB and NADA but I have lots of tastefull add ons, so I wondering what would be a good asking price. Thanks again in advance. Heres the info...

2007 SR5 Crewmax 5.7L 4x4 23500 miles
TRD pkg
Sunroof, towing package (w/ mirrors), cold pkg (block heater, engine block heater, battery heater, all fully synthetic high quality fluids, Tundra rubber/offroad mats etc)
plus whatever usually come w/ the SR5 pkg...(fancy mirror/compass etc)

Now here are all the goodies that ive added over the years

Ceramic coated DT long tubes, Flowmaster catback, flowtech dual electric cutouts. ($2100 installed)
2,1" leveling kit w/ 285/65/18 BFG A/T (only 5k on tires) ($1500)
Full tint (top notch, lifetime warrenty) ($250)
1100 watt powered 10" flat mount sub professionally installed under passenger seat w/ manual control. ($350)
Brute Force AEM CAI ($225)

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure NADA. Clean retail in $31650 and clean trade in is $27525. So if I could get anywhere between that, I would be happy.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I think it would be hard to get that much for a three year old truck. I'm not saying it's not worth that much (cause I don't know) but someone looking to spend 30k might as well go to the dealership and see what they can do with all of the toyota incentives. However, if someone out there sees your truck they could always love it and buy it. With all those extras I would put it up on ebay or somewhere you can post lots of pics. Good luck!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would say around $26k, I would also remove the headers, cutouts and exhaust most buyers will see that as a negative.
You can get a '10 CM with that equipment for around $33k right now.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would say around $26k, I would also remove the headers, cutouts and exhaust most buyers will see that as a negative.
You can get a '10 CM with that equipment for around $33k right now.
yeah you can get one for 30k with whats equpied with what he has..and get it to their custom liking with a order or get gray interior. didnt want to say it, but since some folks already have yeah the price is high you can get a brand new one for that price with options you have. Adding aftermarkets stuff does not add value in fact even adding the TRD supercharger to a tundar does not even add value in fact it devalues it...kinda weird.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Firstly, I would never recommend that you use NADA or KBB in the first place. These values are inflated and do not take into consideration actual auction values, which is how the dealer will value your car. I only recommend using Edmunds to get an accurate value of what your car is worth. Sure, private buyers don't typically have access to Manehim, etc, but they are savvy and looking for a good deal - otherwise they would use the convenience of a dealership.

As far as your mods go, I think they will actually subtract from your value. 8 times of out of 10, that is the case whether it's a car or truck. The last thing I would want in a used vehicle is a heavily modified exhaust system. Car audio and lift aren't good either. These items are all things that would make *me* steer clear of a used car.

Mods that are safe and accepted by all are things like tint, weathertech mats, window channel visors, stuff like that. Good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thank you for your honest opnions. Maybe if I can find the right buyer that was planning on adding the goodies I already added then maybe I can get 24-25k for it? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't want to sound negative but I don't think you will get that much because I just bought a 2010 CM with a TRD package as well as all of the options you listed above brand new for $31,500. However you might be able to find someone who's willing to pay that much, the only way to find out is to put it up for sale.........
P.S. I was wondering where I could put a sub. How does it sound?
I have two guys that are looking to buy CM so if PM your number I'll put them in contact with you!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Yeah, mods are liking beauty to the beholder, personal preferences that may be of no value when you attempt to get rid of the truck.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
yeah.. unfortunately add-ons to a car aren't usually like they are with a house (as in, getting money back out of them). Unless, of course, you find that exact person looking for that exact setup. From what I've seen, add-ons are just hobby items, and you're almost better off removing them & selling them separately (and re-installing the stock parts).

The guys are right with current prices... He11, I paid (not counting tax, trades, etc) about $31k for my 10' CM 4x4 back in December (that's with the $1500 rebate at the time). Most people won't pay for used when new is the same price... especially when you factor in Interest rates, which are often higher for used cars.

Are u buying another truck?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I would take the addons off and sell them separately. They dont do much for the value. Hell, dealers often ask you to remove them on a trade-in.
I also dont get anywhere near what you say when I put it into KBB. Don't forget, all those extra options that they ask you about on KBB are for FACTORY options. I would put real world trade in, with all the incentives right now, at about 20k. If it is really exceptionally clean, in a popular color, then maybe 22k. If there is a carmax near you, take it round there for a quote. That should give you an idea. It's pretty hassle free and no obligation etc.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I would take the addons off and sell them separately. They dont do much for the value. Hell, dealers often ask you to remove them on a trade-in.
I also dont get anywhere near what you say when I put it into KBB. Don't forget, all those extra options that they ask you about on KBB are for FACTORY options. I would put real world trade in, with all the incentives right now, at about 20k. If it is really exceptionally clean, in a popular color, then maybe 22k. If there is a carmax near you, take it round there for a quote. That should give you an idea. It's pretty hassle free and no obligation etc.
This is probably your best option to get the most money possible. Should be easy to sell a lot of that stuff on this forum.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Firstly, I would never recommend that you use NADA or KBB in the first place. These values are inflated and do not take into consideration actual auction values, which is how the dealer will value your car. I only recommend using Edmunds to get an accurate value of what your car is worth. Sure, private buyers don't typically have access to Manehim, etc, but they are savvy and looking for a good deal - otherwise they would use the convenience of a dealership.

As far as your mods go, I think they will actually subtract from your value. 8 times of out of 10, that is the case whether it's a car or truck. The last thing I would want in a used vehicle is a heavily modified exhaust system. Car audio and lift aren't good either. These items are all things that would make *me* steer clear of a used car.

Mods that are safe and accepted by all are things like tint, weathertech mats, window channel visors, stuff like that. Good luck!!!

My exact thoughts on the vehicle's value & mods too ... :D

I hate to sound negative ... but unless you find that "exact buyer that wants that specific truck" ... anything over $20k would be gravy IMO.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Unfortunately, modifications and additions are not money makers, they are no more than selling points. You will most likely never recover any money spent on them. Most buyers would assume that these aftermarket additions could me trouble down the road. Even though it may not be true, a lifted truck often relates to the buyer that the vehicle has seen alot of offroad use. The engine enhancements relate to a racing history where the owner may "rag" on the vehicle often.

However, in a market flooded with used trucks, it may benefit you that yours is different.... an eyecatcher always sells fast.

The trick is to target a specific audience. I would recommend parking your truck up for sale near a local high school or ball field where 14-16 year old kids frequent.

The last 2 trucks Ive sold that were "eye catchers" went to 16 year olds....

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Im fixing to put mine up for sale with 75k miles.... hoping to pull 21k with it.... HOPING.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Appearance mods usually add a little value, however, performance mods give most perspective buyers the impression that the snot has been beat out of it and they will look elsewhere.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My friend just bought a 09 with 20,000 miles on it with BBS rims 20's, XSP edition for 23,000. Just giving you an idea of what things are going. And he bought it from a ford dealership.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
as stated above, the add ons wont do anything for you, it will just make it harder to sell. post in classifieds section on here before you do anything and see though.

but when u try to sell to "normal" people, selling stock is always the best option. unless they are add ons like leather where it didnt come wtih it, or a hard tonneau cover, things that are kinda commonly dealer accessories type things might be able to attract a buyer but certainly not increase the value.

good luck!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts