Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can wait if there's anything worth waiting for ie. cool 2011 model, options or packages

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Find a 2010 tundra you like and go for it. They just made some minor changes including replacing the smaller 4.7 with a 4.6 v8 that is all around better(but not as good as the 5.7 besides mpg. lol).

·
Registered
134 Posts
i just bought mine last month and love it! i couldn't ask for anything else....i don't think they'll make any major changes for 2011 so i say get it now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just bought a 2010. Wouldn't trade anything for it. It is a well thought out and built truck. I did buy the 4.6L and sometimes I question my judgment on that purchase. It packs a lot of power for what it is. I think the 5.7 would be fun to drive all of the time although I did test drive one. The wife took the 4.6 from New Orleans to Cypress Tx just north of Houston on a single tank of gas. I am impressed with that. The savings are minuscule at best. I just got rid of a H2 that got 12.2 on the highway and had a 30 something gallon tank. When I went to purchase the tundra MPG meant everything to me. Now I think about it a few more bucks for gas and I would have more power. I don't tow anything.. It is what it is lmao...

:decision:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Buy now and get the 5.7l you won't regret it!!! :devil: I have an '07 and wish i would have waited a year or two for some of the "bugs" to get worked out. All is well now by the 2010 models and there probably won't be any major changes for a few years still.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
2010 might be the last year for the Tundra for all we know, so get one today and start enjoying it. I highly doubt they will stop making them, but in this economy, we just never know. You could wait a year and see that the 2011 is exactly like the 2010, or it could be totally redesigned with twin turbos pushing 600HP. OK, that probably will not be the case, but it sure would be cool!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts