Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching trucks for about 6 months. I finally found one in my price range that I love. It's an 07 Tundra SR5 DC. Here is the link: Luxury Cars Of Lexington - Lexington, South Carolina - Inventory Details - 2007 Toyota Tundra $19,500.00 if anyone would like to see it. They are taking the dent out of the rear bumper on the right side. Input as to how it got there would be great. I think the dealer backed it into something. Someone at work said it looked like it had been wrecked. I'm not sure. This will be my first truck, always wanted one, but never had one. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
889 Posts
My friend bought a brand new 2008 DC for that price.... keep searching and shopping. You can find a better deal or newer year.

I bought a used 2007 CM back in 2008 for 24K with 8K miles.... just give you an idea.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
u can get them down on price....

the black is going to have tons of swirl marks in it, i can see them in the pics. the truck is covered in layer after layer of "hide imperfections" shiny sh!t that i cant stand, all that armor all and silicone wax that will wash off after a carwash. anywya, the dent is from something minor, it did bend the bedside down there at the corner so to fix it right its going to need a bumper and body work.

but u can do better than the price, espeically for the miles. but they are fun trucks, no matter what is said on this forum hahaha

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hey, whats in the front bumper holes? hard to tell from the pic, but are those tow bar connections? like to tow behind a RV or something? if so, i wouldnt do it....dingy towin a 2wd w/o being able to put a transfer case in neutral isnt the best idea...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fog lights are there, of course. The two little metal things are those whistling things that are supposed to scare deer away.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you can see the swirl makes on the pics, you have the best eyesight in the world, or you have an amazing monitor. I can't see them in the pics, but I saw them in person. It does have a lot of wax on it. I asked them to wash the car and not wax it for this coming weekend. They are also fixing the bumper. I told them the deal was off if the bumper wasn't fixed correctly. I haven't signed any papers yet, but we've agreed verbally to a deal.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
fog lights are there, of course. The two little metal things are those whistling things that are supposed to scare deer away.
ok...haha i can see swirl marks but cant make out a deer whistle hahaha wierd. no one of the pics i could see just enough of the curve of a panel to see the swirls...i think its cause its one of my pet peeves so i just notice it instantly. wish i didnt. would make car cleaning much easier haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, my wife is pretty picky about that sort of thing too. She gets it from her mom. I'm going to take it to a mechanic friend Friday and let them give it the once over, run a diagnostic test, and see what they say. I love the truck. It rode great, looks good. I like black. I just sold my black 4Runner and my wife has a black Corolla. They sure show dirt, but when they're clean, they're NICE. any more suggestions as far as whether to by the truck or not???

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would pay $15K max out of the door for that truck.... unless it has supercharger on it... LOL

·
Registered
819 Posts
I've realized that if your a bit anal about having your vehicle looking it's best and one of those that likes to use the best waxes, always washing and drying your truck, etc. STAY AWAY from BLACK. lol. Now I know just as soon as I say that several will come in here with black vehicles and say it's not like that at all.

But the people I know who own black vehicles have been very laid back about washing and waxing it. They just don't really put that much effort into it and it works out for them. Me on the other hand, a spec of dust on a black vehicle and I'd be grabbing my detailing kit and it would drive me insane fighting that battle.

So, all that to say,. Go for black if you don't consider yourself too anal about it.

I swore if I ever got another black vehicle I would not be obsessing about it being clean and just drive it. I've been successful in avoiding another black vehicle so it's worked out for me so far. :)

Swirl Marks Suck, and so does Water SPOTS!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would pay $15K max out of the door for that truck.... unless it has supercharger on it... LOL
Teach me how to negotiate someone down to that price, and I'd be glad to pay you for your efforts.
NADA value is $24K on the truck
KBB is right at $20,5K
He had it listed at 195
and I've talked him down to 18K. Apparently I'm not near the negotiator you are. if you could get that truck for 15K I'd buy it from you for 16k

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Teach me how to negotiate someone down to that price, and I'd be glad to pay you for your efforts.
NADA value is $24K on the truck
KBB is right at $20,5K
He had it listed at 195
and I've talked him down to 18K. Apparently I'm not near the negotiator you are. if you could get that truck for 15K I'd buy it from you for 16k
some people just talk out their azz...if u got them down to 18k then do it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My friend bought a brand new 2008 DC for that price.... keep searching and shopping. You can find a better deal or newer year.

I bought a used 2007 CM back in 2008 for 24K with 8K miles.... just give you an idea.

I agree. I bought a 2007 DC LongBed with 9,000 miles for $24,000 four months ago! With a lift, wheels and tires. Crap who knows...Maybe somebody hates Toyota now after all the BASHING that they are getting. Also, for a side note, check Carfax. Goodluck! Go Toyota!!

·
Marine Veteran
826 Posts
I'm up in Wilmington NC and am seriously considering putting it up for sale for around 28k neg.

The only difference in the pics and now are the wheels are now the XS-P 20" vs the GWD's I had on there and all the stock lighting is back on. Other than that, it has the Kenwood DNX-8120 w/ BT and iPod, Webasto Panoramic Sunroof, Katskinz two-toned leather with TRD in the headrests, TRD CAI, TRD ASB, Proforce Dual Exhaust, and a few other options.

Feel free to take a look if you are interested, my pics are in my album and I can take more if need be, just shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice truck. There's only 2 problems:

(1) Black, while beautiful, is a PITA to keep clean
(2) It's a 4x2

You may think you don't need a 4x4 but its a good option to have. I equate 4 wheel drive to carrying a concealed weapon. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

·
Registered
295 Posts
You may think you don't need a 4x4 but its a good option to have. I equate 4 wheel drive to carrying a concealed weapon. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it...
I like the way you think!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The damage to the bumper is minor but just to make absolutely sure I would invest a few bucks in a Carfax report and find out if this vehicle has been involved in anything more serious. Other that that it sounds like your going to get a pretty good deal.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
some dealers may give you a free carfax report but not all. when I purchased my last vehicle it was not offered, but if you can get a free one then by all means do so.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts