Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Im thinking about getting one of the Gtech SS meters to get a ballpark of where the truck is stock, opinions? I figure since I dont live close to a track itll let me get some fairly accurate numbers and allow me to see what kinda gains a CAI, exhaust etc. give. Does anybody know of any other similar devices that are supposed to be better/more accurate?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have one and it works pretty well for what it is. It is pretty consistent between runs and works well when you average several runs going in both directions wherever you happen to test it. If you just want to compare before and after doing something it should work pretty well, but since it gives you "net" figures they will be much lower than whp. The only problems that I have with it are that I don't know exactly how much my vehicles weight and what their pitch corrections are(stiff vs. loose suspension). This isn't that big of a deal when comparing the same vehicle before and after though. I don't know if there are any better ones but I have heard from many others that it is the best for the price.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are ok, but make sure you use it on a track, it would be dangerous to do test on public roads.

The only reason Id get one is because there is no track around. I wouldnt be reckless, nor would I chance endangering anyone just to get in "one good run".

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I have one of the original GTechs. It compares pretty well to dragstrip results as long as there is no bouncing or jerking in the run due to wheelhop or potholes etc. The ET is usually within a tenth or so, but the trap speed tends to be a little liberal (3 mph high typically).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts