Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else get this message when they plug their iPhone into their truck it works fine I just always have to see this message when I plug it in! I have tried different USB cords and still the same message! What do I do?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
My iPhone says the same thing when I plug it into my Kenwood deck, it still works perfect though, and still charges.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I get the same message on both ipod docks and my Pioneer Avic f700bt. No worries just say no to the question.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok guys mine will not connect at all throught the USB port. I get the same message does not work with accesorie and all then nothing phone wont connect. It is the 3g Iphone. Then all of a sudden on my way to work this morning i plug it in to charge the phone and bam it works. But then that was short lived and the stereo popped up with error 5. then ceised to work again at all. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ok guys mine will not connect at all throught the USB port. I get the same message does not work with accesorie and all then nothing phone wont connect. It is the 3g Iphone. Then all of a sudden on my way to work this morning i plug it in to charge the phone and bam it works. But then that was short lived and the stereo popped up with error 5. then ceised to work again at all. Any help would be great. Thanks guys
From my experiences... it's all about the phone...

Try to restore the IPhone, and sync it again...

Also be sure to uncheck to include video content with any music that you have downloaded... Read my suggestions in this thread... I know it's not the factory Toyo stuff... But most issues seem to revolve around the IPhone/IPod, and not so much the HU's....
AVIC411.com • View topic - How Long Does Voice Catloging Normally Take?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, I figured that it was more than likely my phone and not my truck. I will give it shot when I get home and re sync my phone and make sure that I have all the neccesary things un checked.

·
Registered
274 Posts
when we were looking at trucks i tried my phone in a 10' cm. granted its a fairly new 3G S so i dont know if that has anything to do with it but it worked fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok i Synced my phone and all is great. it works flawlessly now, I should have know better to start simple and then work my way up from there. Thats why in the fire service we have a saying "try before you pry". Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As others have said, hit "no" on your phone when you plug it in. Also be sure to unplug your usb cable from the dash port when you shut the truck off, or you will get an error code. The code won't clear untill you unplug the device and cycle the ignition.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
As others have said, hit "no" on your phone when you plug it in. Also be sure to unplug your usb cable from the dash port when you shut the truck off, or you will get an error code. The code won't clear untill you unplug the device and cycle the ignition.
Are you saying that you have to unplug the USB before you shut the truck down? Every time?
That would suck... and I would think that would be an isolated issue with your setup... I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
98 Posts
iPhones suck...get a blackberry...as I type this on my MacBook Pro!!!
As an iphone owner that was recently required to use a work Blackberry - I have to say I totally disagree. The blackberry is lame - can't even compare...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts