Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my T-Belt about two months ago. I was installing a new new ac condenser this week, and noticed a little coolant where the t-stat housing mounts to the block.

I took my little mirror and looked under there, and sure enough, a leak.

I remember putting the FIPG on the housing, and now the mistake, spread it out with my finger. I was not an eight of an inch thick as recommend, probably less than 3/32.''

I get the pleasure of redoing the job this Sunday after church.

No biggie.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is another first. I torqued the two housing bolts ,and the one on the left tightened up just a bit and, the leak quit. Looks like I picked the right week to start praying again. hahaha

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Gotta love it when luck is going your way. When I get mad, sweat, and dread something, it is usually just that easy. It's when I say something like "honey, I'm gonna go put your plug wires on, I'll be back in 15 minutes", that I end up out there for three days with engine hoists and such.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
"honey, I'm gonna go put your plug wires on, I'll be back in 15 minutes", that I end up out there for three days with engine hoists and such. Ha Ha Ha! I'm not the only one who gets bit like that! Always on my own vehicles it seems. good show getting lucky on the re-torque, it would be a real drag to redo the whole job for such an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts