1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like the tundra is a 2 wheel drive. I'd hope that a 4 wheel drive would do better. It doesn't help that the guy in the tundra keeps mashing the throttle and digging holes, either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Why is that embarassing? Is the Tundra the best All Terrain platform? Since when?

The Wrangler, on the other hand, is one of the best, bar none...

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
2WD is a real handicap on sand, and I'll bet he didn't air down either. I've been out all day on the stuff in 4, tried 2 and couldn't even move. Someone needs to make magnetic signs that say "FORD" for times like that.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Tha's Jeep Country my friend. It's a simple vehicle weight versus square inches of traction on the ground issue. There's no way to tell just from looking at the video if that Tundra was 2WD or 4WD, but it was obvious that the RF tire wasn't powered.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
The truck is not embarrassing at all. Its the idiot who drove the 4x2 Tundra on the sand dunes is the one that's embarrassing. The Jeep being a 4x4 is still having a hard time pulling the Tundra across the sand.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck is not embarrassing at all. Its the idiot who drove the 4x2 Tundra on the sand dunes is the one that's embarrassing. The Jeep being a 4x4 is still having a hard time pulling the Tundra across the sand.
Hey hey...I never said the truck is embarrassing! how dare u think that? lol I meant the guy driving the tundra!!! then seeing the size difference between the tundra and the jeep, it just looks silly to see a jeep pulling the tundra out. Don't know why some of u guys are gettin all worked up!

·
Registered
568 Posts
i dont know about the dunes, but where i come from we try to not pull people out going uphill. And what did he expect? doublecabs are turds

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Ok so it is true that 4wd is way better in sand than 2wd but that said ... I yes I personaly have driven all over Glamis when I had my 2wd tahoe lifted on 35's and i was racing a 4wd back to camp and smoked him every time... up comp hill olds hill and sand hwy over the whoops.... it's all about airing down to the right psi when u have a 2wd!!! I go everwhere in my 2wd tundra too... cant wait to take it back to pismo in another month....
If i was pulling a trailer then i would have deff. got a 4wd.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
A lot of the blame has to go to the driver, if he's in 2wd then he needs to quit burying himself and get some momentum going.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
2wd off-road in sand isn't smart to begin with.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Who needs 4wd? All you have to do is know how to drive. Looks like he needed to air way down.

This is a view out my windshield in the dunes of Buttercup. No where near the highway or anything. There were only 2 2wd vehicles we saw and I was driving 1 and my buddy parked right next to me drove the other. I must admit it was scary and we ran the vehicles way to hard to just get them up and over those dunes. By the way when we left this spot we went straight ahead in the pic. At least we tried we may have swerved to the left or right a little.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Double cab is a turd? Well mine is not at all, I have been in all kinds of different rough terrian and have only been stuck once and it was in snow that was higher than the bottom of my door, I just dug a lil bit out and no biggy. Looks to me like the guy had a 4x2 with some ****ty *** tires what can ya expect? But I guarantee my DC is no turd lol.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,613 Posts
I was in Hatteras for a beach fishing tournament the last week in April of this year and got to use my ARB air jack on a Jeep Grand Cherokee that had buried all 4 wheels down to the frame. When we got up to him, it was obvious that he didn't air down at all and the sand he got stuck in looked a lot like the loose pack mounds in dsrtrcr01's picture. That air jack made quick work of hoisting the rear up to where we filled in the holes his wheels made and we were able to push him out from the front. Didn't even have to tow him out. He had 2 sweet looking Alaskan Malamute's in there with him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts