Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this knock problem can be solved through toyota, if there is a higher enough percentage, then toyota can and will be forced to deal with it. the end results favors the lemmon law, but first, you guys who have the knock, must put maxium pressure on toyota. there is a process that you must follow, to get to arbitration process. first you must inform customer relations of the problem, if you can prove that your truck performs differently than other samples, they have three chances to fix, if not repaired, it goes to arbitration. if you guys had started the process, before venting on the forum, you would be that much further ahead. although this may very well be a quality control problem, the situation can be reversed in your favor, but you must pay the price to get resolution. they are betting that you will sit on your *** and vent on this forum, or trade it off. make up your minds, either you fight or live with it. i went through the full process with dodge, over bad paint, arbitration gave me a new truck. It seems like you guys are puting more pressure on the forum, than toyota. IMHO'

·
Registered
848 Posts
if there is no failure then i really doubt the lemon law will help it .. nobody has proved it is a knocking of the rods or even a piston slap (it is all speculation) the noise is probally in the header as in past v8's i have never heard of a failure from it so i am not going to drive my car with my ear to my firewall ... my truck is fine with NO abnormal noises.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Agree 100% with the above post!! I had my business manager take her 05 Equinox back to the dealership for the third time for bad brakes and warped rotors for the third time in 8 months. She is also already on her second head gasket. The SUV has 38,000 miles on it. She went in and started barking "LEMON LAW" in the customer service area. The dealership shut her up by paying out the remainder of her loan (through Chevy) for $2800, fixed the brakes and put on new rotors, changed the oil and filters, and detailed her vehicle. She will be trading that hunk O'Crapola in on a Toyota 4-Runner or Highlander....she is supposed be out test driving this weekend. But the process was the same. If the problem dosen't get fixed to your liking, then step up and start jumping through the hoops to get resolution, otherwise go buy a nice soft pillow to cry into.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I believe this knock problem can be solved through toyota, if there is a higher enough percentage, then toyota can and will be forced to deal with it. the end results favors the lemmon law, but first, you guys who have the knock, must put maxium pressure on toyota. there is a process that you must follow, to get to arbitration process. first you must inform customer relations of the problem, if you can prove that your truck performs differently than other samples, they have three chances to fix, if not repaired, it goes to arbitration. if you guys had started the process, before venting on the forum, you would be that much further ahead. although this may very well be a quality control problem, the situation can be reversed in your favor, but you must pay the price to get resolution. they are betting that you will sit on your *** and vent on this forum, or trade it off. make up your minds, either you fight or live with it. i went through the full process with dodge, over bad paint, arbitration gave me a new truck. It seems like you guys are puting more pressure on the forum, than toyota. IMHO'
It is normal. Toyota is not going to fix it or are they going to fix your truck. It is doing no harm to the engine and stops after the engine warms up. Call customer service and talk to them, or keep starting new threads concerning this issue. But it is still the same in each thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts