Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 5 week wait I finally picked up my 5.7 DC Limited in the rain last Thursday. It was finally dry enough Sat morn to give it a wash. What a good looking unit & the power these things have. Already raced a new Chebby and kicked its A$$. Ordered a set of boards & the spray in liner goes in on Tuesday. I was going to go through the dealership for the protection package but found a place that will do it for less than 1/2 the price, has been in business for 32 years & will give me a 10 year warranty. Next thing will be a new set of rims. Country hills Toyota has them starting at $524.00 cdn. I think I'm going to fabracate a sub box for under the rear seat { I'm a finishing carpenter by trade} cause I'd like a little more umph out of the factory unit. I was also a super duty owner but after test driving the new one & not needing the pulling power any more or having to shell out almost $ 20 grand more this was a much wiser choice than one of the other domestics. the only problems so far are streaky wipers & tonite I noticed what sounded like a noisy lifter. It is to go in after the box liner is done to take care of these things. Ok thats enough babbling for now. Time for bed.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
After a 5 week wait I finally picked up my 5.7 DC Limited in the rain last Thursday. It was finally dry enough Sat morn to give it a wash. What a good looking unit & the power these things have. Already raced a new Chebby and kicked its A$$. Ordered a set of boards & the spray in liner goes in on Tuesday. I was going to go through the dealership for the protection package but found a place that will do it for less than 1/2 the price, has been in business for 32 years & will give me a 10 year warranty. Next thing will be a new set of rims. Country hills Toyota has them starting at $524.00 cdn. I think I'm going to fabracate a sub box for under the rear seat { I'm a finishing carpenter by trade} cause I'd like a little more umph out of the factory unit. I was also a super duty owner but after test driving the new one & not needing the pulling power any more or having to shell out almost $ 20 grand more this was a much wiser choice than one of the other domestics. the only problems so far are streaky wipers & tonite I noticed what sounded like a noisy lifter. It is to go in after the box liner is done to take care of these things. Ok thats enough babbling for now. Time for bed.
Where in Calgary did you pick up the truck and did they deal much?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where in Calgary did you pick up the truck and did they deal much?
I dealt at Country Hills and was able to get a total of $3655 knockede off

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cliff,

Check out the state and regional catagory, then Canada. You will see Country Hills is a website sponsor. Check out member TSK, Taylor is a manager there....everyone has had good things to say about him, he has answered a bunch of questions for me, and I'll probably go down from Fort Mac when i buy as he is most willing to deal.

Hi, who did you get to do the protection package, and what does it consist of?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The place is called theAuto protectors located at 3905 Manchester road s.e right beside Bolt supply. They will do undercoating, rust protection,paint protection & interior protection [leather & carpet] for $495.00

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually started at C H & then on the way down to the lake talked to Sean at High River. In the end after all the back and forth I went with Country because I have to take the truck there for the free oil changes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts