Toyota Tundra Forums banner

those of you with the hypertech speedo module and 33's

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Bocephus 
#1 ·
how much is the speedometer off when running 33's? did you notice a difference in how the tranny shifts after the hypertech was installed?

#2 ·
If you're running a "true 33" and the stock tires are 32.1" you're 2.76% difference taller.

So, if you're getting 200 miles to a tank with the 33s on an uncalibrated odometer, then your'e actually running 205.52 miles.

At 20 gallons, you're going from 10 mpg to 10.276

Now, you're getting 300 highway miles to a tank, you're getting 308.28 miles.

At 20 gallons, you're going from 15 mpg to 15.414 mpg.

Hopefully my math is correct.

-rockstate

#4 ·
mine likes to shift way more than it did with stock wheels/tires. im sure the weight of the aftermarket wheels and larger tires has something to do with it too... i am just sick of it shifting all the time. i have lived with it for 2 years, but at this point i am ready to spend $200 for the module if it will help me out.

#5 ·
cruise control is a nightmare running 75MPH with my 33's. downshifts when the wind changes direction. i'm considering the hypertech also.

#6 ·
Bocephus.... Im running the exact same tire and size. I have a uni-chip with mine also and sometimes notice a big power loss (low rpm) when i hit 2nd gear if i push the pedal to the floor. Im wanting to get the hypertech when I get back from my deployment. Let me know if it helps. I want mine to run just as good as it did stock but with all the upgrades. Also... are you having difficulties with balancing those ATZ's?? I seem to have to get mine balanced all the time. Don't know if im throwing weights, or if Discount tire is just jackin it up for me.

#10 ·
hypertech made shifting smoother just like stock. good investment. i have 15% off coupon code (CPC15) for autoanything and i think it's expiring in 2 days. they have 1 yr price match guarantee so get it from them now and worry about the prices later.

#13 ·
hypertech made shifting smoother just like stock. good investment. i have 15% off coupon code (CPC15) for autoanything and i think it's expiring in 2 days. they have 1 yr price match guarantee so get it from them now and worry about the prices later.
what size tires are you running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.