Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm about to take on adding the Factory NAV to my non-JBL truck... should be interesting.

Anyhow, I've been researching different iPod interface kits and the VaisTech SL2i-UP & SL2Vi units seem to be the best available. Video,Audio Information Solutions for Toyota and Lexus (iPod integration,XM and Sirius SAT radio integration,MP3 integration,Auxiliary input) They also have the VML (MultiMediaLinQ) which allows high-speed USB connection for Flash drive & hard drives... pretty cool (pretty pricey too - the VML is Between $320-350, the SL2i-UP is $199).

There's only a few videos I can find of these interfaces in action. The Lexus Demo vids look great, and you can browse by Artist, then their songs.... etc.

I emailed VaisTech to see if they had any video of the Toyota's in action, and they did not. They were unclear as to whether or not the Tundra Nav unit would operate the same as the Lexus interface... actually, they made it sound like the Lexus interface worked better and "deeper" than the Tundra interface would.

SO.... Can anyone please chime-in on their experiences with the iPod interface you are using with your OEM Nav, and if you can possibly take some vids - I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
301 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody else??? I'm looking for ANY kind of reviews on ANY of the ipod interfaces out there, especially the VAIS unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts