Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone with a scan guage will tell you that our reading is 85%.
i heard that, thats 100%.
&
also please DO NOT touch your TB(modifing it in any shape or form).
straight from gadget, if u wanted to know where i got the info from.
i was thing of having it done.
do your self a favor & leave it alone.
gorilla

·
Registered
232 Posts
You are a very educated member on the subject of our trucks, but do you think you could take a few minutes to maybe clean up your posts so we can understand them? I honestly don't mean any disrespect but I can't understand half the things you type.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
hi everyone with a scan guage will tell you that our reading is 85%.
i heard that, thats 100%.
&
also please DO NOT touch your TB(modifing it in any shape or form).
straight from gadget, if u wanted to know where i got the info from.
i was thing of having it done.
do your self a favor & leave it alone.
gorilla
Throttle body at WOT = 85% open on scan gauge (equivalent to 100% open in real life)

There are few members that did throttle body modification by removing antifreeze hose or in another words by pass throttle body. So what Gorilla saying is to leave it a lone, and not to by pass it.

EDIT: Gadget is a vendor on this forum (URD)

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Throttle body at WOT = 85% open on scan gauge (equivalent to 100% open in real life)

There are few members that did throttle body modification by removing antifreeze hose or in another words by pass throttle body. So what Gorilla saying is to leave it a lone, and not to by pass it.

EDIT: Gadget is a vendor on this forum (URD)
still confused by the initial post... What setting on the SGII shows TB opening?

FWIW, the TB cannot ever be 100% open because the butterfly is there. Even being open at 0 degrees (totally horizontal), the butterfly is blocking a small % of airflow.

NOTE: angular degree, not temperature degree.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I don't have scangauge so I have no clue what setting used for that. As far as throttle body, I could care less how many degrees (angular) its open, as long as I have good fuel economy or power when I need it. Like Mr.Creo saying, 1/4 speed is most important :devil:

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Just undid my Throttle Body Coolant bypass. I did not notice any improvement in MPG's but then again my measuring capacity is not very accurate. If I had a scanguage then I would be able to tell. I understand the basic premise behind the bypass but as one other member here pointed out (Hi-Volt I think?) the coolant is also there to keep the electric motor that actually turns the butterfly valve from overheating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts