Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2000 Tundra off my family for college a year ago and here is my progress from being stock. Family bought it back in 99' Feedback appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Brutally honest opinion? Looks great! Thats my favorite color tundra (silver with offroad package) and you've done some nice mods to it. Rims and tires look great and the exhaust looks superb (just did mine the same way).

What would I have done different?
I wouldn't have blacked out the headlights or tail lights. I'd have done the black headlight mod (BHLM) where you paint the INSIDE black (the non reflective part) and got clear-red-clear tail lights and clear corners. Also not a fan of stickers (except my Volunteer Fire one for the cops ;) ) but to each his own.

Where would I go from there?
I'd black out the mirror caps for sure and maybe the bumpers though the chrome looks nice. And I'm sure an HID retrofit would serve you well. I also wouldn't drive around with the hitch in, i personally think those adjustable ones are ugly.

But hey, it aint my truck!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,561 Posts
I wouldn't have blacked out the headlights or tail lights. ...and got clear-red-clear tail lights and clear corners. Also not a fan of stickers (except my Volunteer Fire one for the cops) but to each his own.
+2. Don't make your light-emitting components darker... defeats the purpose, and is illegal in CA.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Looks good. I have pretty much the same truck, except it's an '02 and doesn't have the mods.

John

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I saw that too, I think that's just the angle of the picture

·
Registered
741 Posts
truck looks very nice almost 13 years old:tu: like the others said consider doing the bhlm or retrofit, lighter tint on the taillights (chp wont pull you over) a light tint on the 3rd brakelight
color match the mirror caps or paint them black jmo i also own a 99 just converted it to a Ivan Stewart edition :devil:

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
looks good but honest opinion.

i have no idea what the hell "illest" is but whatever is clever i guess. and lights that blue are absolutely ridiculous. this isnt nopi tunervision. 6k or under for hids anything above that is a waste of damn money and loses practicality for safe driving on the road. un blackify the lights.

other than those stickers. good looking truck and nice wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts