Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has used the following 9005 highbeam bulbs in there tundra's. Are they worth it, pro/con's with them, and will they last longer than the silverstar.

Piaa: xtreme white plus , and intense white
PIAA

Wagner : TruView Bulb
Wagner Lighting 9005 Headlight Bulb TruView Bulb One Bulb

I have ruled down to these, for a little bit of extra light. Will these last longer than the silverstar lights?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The brightest high beams you can put in there without being true HID's are the HIR1 bulbs. They have to be modified a little bit to work but they are DANG bright! 75% of the brightness of HID's for only about $30-40. Do some searching on here to see how to modify the HIR1 bulbs. It's worth it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are HID worth the expense?
I drive a lot in eastern Washington, Montana & North Dakota in the fall during hunting season, so a lot of night driving to and from house in E. WA.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Are HID worth the expense?
I drive a lot in eastern Washington, Montana & North Dakota in the fall during hunting season, so a lot of night driving to and from house in E. WA.
read over in my budget mod thread. u can get HID kits off ebay for 45 bucks shipped. and to keep people from b!tchin about not doing a proper retrofit, if you use them in the highbeams its not like you are going to blind people anyway since u wont be using hi's when meeting cars. if i were in your shoes, id do HIDs in the hi's and be done with it. and yes, they are a ton more light and certainly worth it IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.