Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm putting the rest of my order together for my lift and bumper project and would like some input from those who KNOW what they're talking about. Obviously, want it done to a T so thanks in advance to any of you that can give me some advice.

Lift: coilspring specialties coils, specifically for my truck application, will provide a 2" lift and additional weight load of 250#, 125# each coil. Bilstein HD's and an AAL of about 1 1/2" in the rear.

Bumper: ARB sahara bar with XD9000 warn winch.

do I need to get a diff drop kit or should I go ahead and get one to be on the safe side or will the angle suffice? I don't know of anyone on this board that has the Exact lift I'm wanting to run, but the lift, in height, is comparable to others in here who are running coilovers and spacers, etc.

Many thanks again.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
This has been my discussion over the past couple of days. As to your Bumper and winch weight.
On mine I doing the same bumper setup, but I am planning for the bumper to weigh in close to 125lbs and not the posted 90lbs. I am going with the M15000 winch to have to the extra umph when the mud sucks and pulls ya down. that adds 135 lbs.
From others on this site they say there will be a touch of settling over a year.
Anyway I am ordering in the am from them springs to carry a additional 300lbs I was going to do as you are and do 250 but figured out that was not enough.

Search and I beleive you will find that a 2" lift is not going to require the drop spacer. might take the stock clamps off of the boots and use real clamps. but would be the only addition.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
I have a e-mail into the tech guys at ARB in Renton they should reply in the am and verify exactly how much it weighs. I am curious what exactly it does weigh.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a search and found somewhere that it weighed 110lbs so I was way off. I'd be interested in hearing what your contact there says

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
I am back and now its on top again.......

Ok I was told a shipping weight of 200lbs, they are thinking the packing materials maybe weigh 40lbs at the most.
They advised 150 -160lbs for that monster.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Wonder if anyone has actually weighed one with all the brackets and mounting hardware?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Any little bit to help the cv's is worth it, for 40 bucks. Plus it takes about 20 min. with removal of skid plate. Cheap insurance!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
No it will not hurt anything. 2 inch and a 1 inch diff drop should work just fine.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
The diff drop spacers are 1" thick, but install only at one end of the front diff...the axle is roughly halfway between the mounts, so it only drops the inner CV 1/2". If you've lifted 1/2" or more, get the diff drop spacers, they only help and will not hurt anything.

This might sound like an odd question, but it's actually pretty important. When you asked for new springs, did you ask for an addition to the spring rate--for example +125# to the stock spring rate--or did you tell them you'd be carrying an additional 250# over the front axle? It does make a difference, not much since the spring mounts close to the LBJ and has very little angle.

Anyway, if you don't put that weight over the springs from the start, they will ride extremely rough...be careful when specifying an increase in spring rate.

-Sean

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Sean
At coilsprings they asked for the part #s of the tundra springs of my truck.

They then asked how much additional weight I was adding to the front. I understood they were factoring in how much the originals carried and how much I would need to carry the additional weight. then divide between the 2 springs.

They said my springs were like 750 lb capacity instead of what I have seen posted here. So if i asked for 300 increase its only 150 on each spring. or 900lbers..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts