Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Well I was about to purschase a new set of either Rockstars or Monsters from my local tire store. I called them up and they told me they could beat any price. So I went in and talked to them. 20" rocks or monsters on BFG AT/KOs 305/55/20 for $2000 including tax out the door. They sold me haha...but when we got to talking they were like you know, EVERYONE has those wheels and I agreed but I explained to them I liked them and that didn't really matter to me. So he suggested these for $1900 with the BFGs out the door:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/MHT-Mojave-D511-Black.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=210&t_pt=100888&t_pl=100228&t_pn=MHTD51129084

They are made by MHT which I hear is a very good/solid brand. He said they are unique and not many people have them. I went to look up pictures and i couldnt find ONE vehicle online with these installed. I just want ya'lls thoughts and seeing if anyone happens to have a picture of these installed on any vehicle. Btw they will be going on a Salsa Red Pearl CM with a 3/1 Truxxx kit.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I think they look great! BTW, this truck looks like he has the same wheels on it, but not sure...

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think those are bad a&^! I have not seen those on anything. Good Luck!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't like black wheels personally but I would definitly go with the more unique wheel. XD wheels are EVERYWHERE! But hey it's your $2000 so you should get whatever you want. I'm sure that you worked hard for that money and its your truck man. Good call on the BFG's too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are some good looking wheels. Yesterday, I was in the local Discount Tire store (in Duluth) checking on the status of my wheels and there was a pyrite mica F150 getting them installed. After checking them out more closely I discovered that all the rivets on the outside and the bolts on the inner part are plastic. The bolts and the thin plastic piece that attaches them to the wheel looks like they can be taken out. I don't know about the rivets. Personally, I wouldn't buy them. They just seam kind of cheaply made. What part of Atlanta do you live?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are some good looking wheels. Yesterday, I was in the local Discount Tire store (in Duluth) checking on the status of my wheels and there was a pyrite mica F150 getting them installed. After checking them out more closely I discovered that all the rivets on the outside and the bolts on the inner part are plastic. The bolts and the thin plastic piece that attaches them to the wheel looks like they can be taken out. I don't know about the rivets. Personally, I wouldn't buy them. They just seam kind of cheaply made. What part of Atlanta do you live?

Hey buddy. Are you sure those were the same rims? The guys at porterfield tire (Athens) all spoke highly of these wheels and they are cheaper dollar wise than rockstars/monsters. I would think if they were trying to make extra money they would have pushed the more expensive rim on me. And given the setup they had, I fell like they knew what they were talking about.

I live in Buckhead but right now my work has me up in Athens during the week. I head back to Buckhead on the weekends.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd double check with the tire store...that link shows it with a 6x5.5 bolt pattern. I'd make sure it's available in 5x150 first...

The link does, that's bc I didn't take the time to find a 5x150 pattern haha. But they do have it in 5x150. I checked. Thanks for the lookout though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm sure they were the same ones. I was just looking at them online a couple days ago. I really liked them a lot. Then I saw them being taken right out of the Fuel Offroad boxes to be installed on the F150 with some Terra Grapplers. So, I went back to check them out. The big bolts on the inside are def. plastic. If you enlarge the wheel in your link you can see the chrome bolt and the black piece around it I'm talking about.

Here is another link with that wheel without the bolts.
Fuel Off-Road Wheels are for today's 4x4s: Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, GMC, Toyota and Nissan. Available in Black, Black/Machined and Chrome. Check out Now!

I'm not sure why they are giving you a better deal on them than the RockStar and Monsters. Everywhere I have seen them online they are more expensive.

I'm not trying to change your mind about getting them. I just wanted to give you a heads up. If I would have bought these expecting them to have actual bolts and then after receiving them I find out they are just fake plastic bolts I would be pissed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure they were the same ones. I was just looking at them online a couple days ago. I really liked them a lot. Then I saw them being taken right out of the Fuel Offroad boxes to be installed on the F150 with some Terra Grapplers. So, I went back to check them out. The big bolts on the inside are def. plastic. If you enlarge the wheel in your link you can see the chrome bolt and the black piece around it I'm talking about.

Here is another link with that wheel without the bolts.
Fuel Off-Road Wheels are for today's 4x4s: Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, GMC, Toyota and Nissan. Available in Black, Black/Machined and Chrome. Check out Now!

I'm not sure why they are giving you a better deal on them than the RockStar and Monsters. Everywhere I have seen them online they are more expensive.

I'm not trying to change your mind about getting them. I just wanted to give you a heads up. If I would have bought these expecting them to have actual bolts and then after receiving them I find out they are just fake plastic bolts I would be pissed.
I appreciate the heads up. Yea, they are more expensive and the folks at the store said MHT is running a great sale right now and they usually don't have many sales. I agree, they are more expensive everywhere else...

·
Registered
27 Posts
No problem!

By the way, that is a killer deal you are getting on everything. How much are they charging you for the tires?

Maybe I need to go talk to your guys, LOL

I live in Dacula which is about 30 minutes from Athens.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem!

By the way, that is a killer deal you are getting on everything. How much are they charging you for the tires?

Maybe I need to go talk to your guys, LOL

I live in Dacula which is about 30 minutes from Athens.
Hey man.

They are charging me $180 for the rims ($720 total) Which means they are charging me $1,180 for the 4 tires or $295 per tire. BFG AT KO 305/55/20. $1,900 total out the door which includes tax. Given the prices I saw online, sounds like a steal.

These guys are DEF. knowledgeable and very cusomer friendly. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I called the dealer and asked him about the plastic bolts and he was able to confirm that they are plastic. But he said they are made that way incase if they get scuffed or damaged, they can just pop off and replaced easily...im not sweatin it...i went ahead and placed the order...

20x9 Fuel Off Road Mojave Blacks wrapped in 305/55/20 BFG AT KO
3/1 Truxxx lift (install only)
Alighnment

$2,135 out the door. I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats man!!! You got a great deal. When will they have them for you?
Looking forward to seeing some pics.
If you don't mind hooking me up with their number that would be cool.
The rims I want (Ballistic Wizards) are on 30 day to whenever backorder and I don't think I want to wait any longer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats man!!! You got a great deal. When will they have them for you?
Looking forward to seeing some pics.
If you don't mind hooking me up with their number that would be cool.
The rims I want (Ballistic Wizards) are on 30 day to whenever backorder and I don't think I want to wait any longer.

706-549-6698. Talk to Matt Kirkland. Tell him Mohammad sent you haha. Jk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Mohammad!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dude - I say GO FOR IT. I went with the monsters just cause I had a connection in wheelpros and they couldn't get me the fuel offroad. monsters and 305/55/20 nittos for 1800 out the door with a lug kit. This rim was my first choice but I havent seen it in person. I did see the MHT Octane in person - GREAT option also. here is a pic of the mht octane with 305/55/20. looks SHARP in person..... just sayin.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dude - I say GO FOR IT. I went with the monsters just cause I had a connection in wheelpros and they couldn't get me the fuel offroad. monsters and 305/55/20 nittos for 1800 out the door with a lug kit. This rim was my first choice but I havent seen it in person. I did see the MHT Octane in person - GREAT option also. here is a pic of the mht octane with 305/55/20. looks SHARP in person..... just sayin.

2nd attempt at pic upload

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well I called the dealer and asked him about the plastic bolts and he was able to confirm that they are plastic. But he said they are made that way incase if they get scuffed or damaged, they can just pop off and replaced easily...im not sweatin it...i went ahead and placed the order...

20x9 Fuel Off Road Mojave Blacks wrapped in 305/55/20 BFG AT KO
3/1 Truxxx lift (install only)
Alighnment

$2,135 out the door. I'm very pleased.

sweet man - looking forward to seeing your finished product!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts