Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
A new thread for golf lovers.
Let's discuss golf irons - what's the longest golf iron in your opinion?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone who wants to learn the game, will certainly be interested in the question: what is the name of a Golf club? So, these shells are divided into groups depending on the range of impact, and each of the groups has its own name. Here are the most common groups of clubs:

Golf club Driver driver. The stick is intended for the farthest blow (as a rule, the first). It has the largest head with a small angle. Hitting the ball with this stick is not performed from the ground, but from a special stick, which is installed by the golfer himself;
Wood wood Golf club. The club is equipped with a large head and is designed for long-range strikes. As the name suggests, before the head of the club was made of wood, but now the material for the manufacture is mainly titanium alloy. Blow wood produce in most cases with low grass, sometimes-with tishki;
A hybrid Golf club is a club that allows you to perform long-and medium-distance strokes from high or low grass;
Iron iron Golf club-a club with a metal head. Designed for medium or short range strikes. Equipped with a flat metal head. The impact of this projectile can be performed from both high and low grass. The goal, as a rule, is the green zone, where the hole is located;
Vage Vage Golf club-a club used to perform short-range strokes and knock the ball out of the sand "trap". So, for knocking the ball out of the sand, a stick called send-Vage is used. Moreover, the blow should not be applied to the ball itself, but to the sand in front of it. And if it is necessary that the ball flew along a high trajectory for a short distance, pitching-Vage is used;
Putter - putter, which is necessary to perform a stroke on the ball, located almost next to the hole.
Each of these groups can have several clubs, which are numbered. Between two consecutive numbers of shells there is a difference in the length of the impact (about 10 meters).

·
Registered
4 Posts
To cut it short, I am not a Pro player, and I don't know much about golf, and about irons as well, but I am really interested in this. I started to play golf 6 months ago, and I fell in love with this game. My wife is jealous, and she's arguing with me all the time I go play. I tried to teach her to play golf, but that was a bad idea, yeah, probably she loves more cooking. If you want to find out something about Iron's you can check this article about golf club's https://golfclubguru.net/longest-golf-irons/ a friend of mine showed it to me when I started to play, so I can choose for myself the best club set. Go on and check it, maybe it will help you as it helped me.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,187 Posts
The longest iron / blade made is the 1 iron, but not even God can hit a 1 iron so you rarely see them in anybody's bag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts