Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice this last nite when I started it but it stopped after a few seconds any one have this is it a problem??????? May be I should'nt have used 87 octane?:eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I notice this last nite when I started it but it stopped after a few seconds any one have this is it a problem??????? May be I should'nt have used 87 octane?:eek:
Not a problem IMO. Was it a cold start? Most likely maybe a lifter bleeding down after sitting a while, since the tick goes away in a few seconds.

If the tick got worse or didn't go away I would be concerned. Once again just my thoughts you can always take it to your dealer and have them reassure / check it out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ticking sound when I start it
Who's the beneficiary of your life insurance policy?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Read the owner's manual. There is a ticking/buzzing noise that can be heard sometimes during starting that is the traction control or VSC calibrating itself I believe. Manual says it goes away within a few seconds.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You aren't driving Jack Bauer's Tundra are you? :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got home a minite ago and when I left to get a load of lumber this morining it seems even louder and when I left the lumberyard it did it again and quit after 6 or seven miles on the way to are job site. Do you guys think it"s okay????? The kid that helps load was almost drooling over the Tundy!!!! :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
91 Posts
quit after 6 or seven miles on the way to are job site.
I would swing by my dealer and let them check it out.

And let them 'document it'.

And most importantly have a professional give me their opinion. Too many variables.

And do you really trust some slack-a$$, thinks he knows it all, weekend grease monkey with a handle of DiscoShorts? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts