Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has probably been addressed but I've yet to find an exact match for my problem. I have a 2006 tundra-double cab with a ticking/squeeking/tapping sound (several actually) that seem to be coming from almost directly behind my speedometer as I drive. It can be almost any speed, rough or slow. Just several ticks continuously. If I'd have to guess it sounds like plastic shifting on plastic inside the dash. My questions are: Is this a common problem and should I bring it in to be serviced for this? And if not, is this something I can remedy? I can usually figure my way around how to remove a panel or whatever but I can't figure out how to remove the driver's side dashboard assembly to get in and find out what the ticks actually are. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thats funny
i have a 06 double cab as well and i have the same ticks coming from the left side of the speedometer, almost sounds like its behind the vent or something
it drives me nuts

·
Forum Admin
8,265 Posts
It is a common problem almost everyone that drives a gen1 Tundra suffers from it. I've removed my dash a couple times, nothing sticks out at me. And I have driven around in the passenger seat with my ear to the dash... I still can't figure it out 100%. :noidea:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ditto here, it sounds like a relay clicking or something like it, right behind and below the left side of the instrument cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts