Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tie rod grinding on Coilovers (SAW & Camburg)

Please help. I have a 2011 Rock Warrior. I have Camburg UCR's and SAW coilovers. They have about 300 miles on them and were aligned by a place Camburg recommended. It looks like the outer tie rod is rubbing against the lower coil when the steering is turned. Is this due to a bad alignment or something else? I have to say, I'm not very happy about this.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Call Camburg. There is an updated lower spring collar that seats the spring higher and gives the tie-rod clearance that it needs. It'll grind off some paint but it wont hurt anything.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'm not calling you a liar, but I'm not confident caster alone would cause that kind of clearance issue, I'd check the spacers like Sean said. One side is usually longer and this may be the issue.

Who installed the coilovers? Have you actually felt/heard it grind or is it just something you saw evidence of?

While it will only cause cosmetic damage from the look of it, I wouldn't be too happy either. I also have a clearance issue with my coilovers(not Camburgs, Fox's) and I have to deal with it myself. While I found a solution for my problem, it isn't cool to pay so much for parts and in return get an issue like this. Hope you get it figured out. I'd check the lower mounts first. If it's like most first gens I think the long end goes forward, short end goes toward cab.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i had my caster maxeedd out and it did the same thing had it re done and lessened the caster and my problem was fixed. Mine barely hit though and full turn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts