Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO what is everyone like for Rubber now-days? I have a 99-4Runner stock size tires, I do No mudding so nothing aggresive is needed. Just a nice quite long lasting tire. I have Michelin LTX M/S on now and they were fine but im sure there may be better picks out there now?

Post what you like!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hear the Michelins are a good tire, but I haven't owned any. I put a set of Yokohama Geolandar HT/S tires on my wife's 4runner last year, and they have been great. I keep them rotated about every other oil change, and they have over 30,000 on them now. I looked at them today, and they still have A LOT of tread left. Hopefully they will go to 60,000. They ride well, aren't too aggressive, and are good in the rain and snow. I hope this helps!:)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I am still a fan of the LTX. Michelin has the best quality control of any tire company out there. The only tire I would consider would be the Bridgestone Revo, but that would be if they were a lot less than the Michelins.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been reading alot about those REVO's and they sound very good and a little cheaper. Think I may go that route this time

·
Registered
160 Posts
I sold tires for several years and I'm still in the automotive field (work for a Toyota dealer) and I can say without hesitation that Michelin truck tires, the LTX specifically, are the best I've ever seen as far as comfort and treadlife go. If you can afford them, get the Michelins. If you're looking for something inexpensive but good, I'd go with the Geolander HTS. You can read lots of pretty good reviews at tirerack.com...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts