Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Time to buy a Magnaflow !!!

6K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  SuckersWalk 
#1 ·
Some time ago, people on here were singing the praises of the Magnaflow 11226 muffler... ever since then, I've been watching the price of that badboy on Amazon.com

This morning I received an email from Amazon that said "You can get 25% off MagnaFlow performance parts sold by and shipped from Amazon.com when you enter code MAGFLO25 at checkout.". So I ordered the 11226 muffler and the Vibrant 1559 Stainless Tip. My total ended up being $68.33, which is slightly less than the normal price of the muffler alone.

#3 ·
nice!!magnaflow is the $h!t!they sound great!

#7 ·
Offer should be good til April 16.

Remember that any parts that you want a discount on must be sold and shipped by Amazon. There are a lot of 3rd party sellers on there. Here is my total... the tip I bought was not Magnaflow, so I only got a discount on the muffler:

Subtotal of Items: $85.98 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Promotion Applied: -$17.65 ------ Total for this Order: $68.33

#8 ·
i have one. it is the shiznit hands down. worth every penny.

#9 ·
Remember that any parts that you want a discount on must be sold and shipped by Amazon.
That's the ticket (works at 25%). Points to you.

mag 12586 satin ss muffler (22")........$95.26
mag 35204 ss rolled/slant tip (12").....$30.29
subtotal.......................................$125.55
less discount code......................... -$31.39
super saver shipping.........................Free
Total.............................................$94.16

Now I just have to flip a coin before I hit the "place order" button :lever:

#16 ·
quick it shifts? the cat back that i have decreased backpressure and i lost a bit of power. the headers gave most of it back. u will hear some droan with it no matter what anyone says. sounds good to me but if you dont like cabin noise then leave it stock for sure.

#17 ·
Hey guys, while we are in the conversation let me throw in a quick question since it seems like y'all know what y'all talking about. I want a Magnaflow exhaust for my 4.7L. I want one from the headers to the tip, but I want it to be rather like a silent one. I come home from work late and I don't want to wake my neighbors up at one in the morning. Any help?

#18 ·
get the magnaflow catback i have. it comes with the 22 inch muffler. low grumble not loud and shaking houses.

#19 ·
Hey guys, while we are in the conversation let me throw in a quick question since it seems like y'all know what y'all talking about. I want a Magnaflow exhaust for my 4.7L. I want one from the headers to the tip, but I want it to be rather like a silent one. I come home from work late and I don't want to wake my neighbors up at one in the morning. Any help?

Don't waste your money on the cat back. Just buy the 22" Magnaflow muffler and a nice tip. I had a 22" and took it off because it was too quiet. You could tell it was there if you gassed it to go up a hill, but for normal driving it sounded pretty stock.

#20 ·
jaymz11, Just my opinion but I think the Super Turbo DynoMax (21" case, 25") over all is the best sounding muffler. Had them on my 2000 SR5 Tundra with JBA's and now on my 05 with duals, no headers......By the way where did you get Doug Thorley Headers for an 05 Tundra?? thanks, CSM-H

quick it shifts? the cat back that i have decreased backpressure and i lost a bit of power. the headers gave most of it back. u will hear some droan with it no matter what anyone says. sounds good to me but if you dont like cabin noise then leave it stock for sure.

#23 ·
So as to not steal the thread...look up my comments, I have done duals twice 2000 SR5 and 2005 SR5, worked great for me. CSM-H

How about headers? I want to make it true dual exhaust with an H pipe. Or is this a bad idea that's pointless? I don't know much about these motors so I don't know if they'll perform better (Miles Per Gallon wise) with dual or single.

#24 ·
I've got the 14". It was too quiet when I had the tip on so I dumped it before the axle. I left the resonator and have no drone to speak of. It sounds awesome and I don't have to worry about wrecking a manifold backing into a snow bank, great for loading sleds. This is what I would do again. For whatever that's worth...

#25 ·
jaymz11, Just my opinion but I think the Super Turbo DynoMax (21" case, 25") over all is the best sounding muffler. Had them on my 2000 SR5 Tundra with JBA's and now on my 05 with duals, no headers......By the way where did you get Doug Thorley Headers for an 05 Tundra?? thanks, CSM-H
never heard of those but ill take ur word for it. when it comes to sound its all relative to the listener.
i got the DT headers from URD when they first started selling them. greatly increased times between shifts and slight increase in butt dyno. they def look cool......for whatever that is worth.

#26 ·
I installed my 16" Magnaflow 4 years ago instead of the Flowmaster... I wanted a warm sound that did not blow me out of the cab like my 70 SS does, it was a great sound, not to loud, not to quiet and woke up under accel.

3 weeks later while out 4x4in the outlet pipe broke inside the muffler and the tail pipe fell off.....no problem they gave me a new one for free.

last month while out hunting the same thing happened it broke...so I cut the thing off, took one of my old flowmasters that i just took off my 70 SS...( im talking old as in 1988 when I bought them, before the delta series, or the 40, 50, 80, series they have now) and I was very suprised...

It is quieter then the Magnaflow at idle and mild acceleration yet wakes up under full acceleration, but not annoying....

jmo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.