Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a clue at what interval the timing belt should be changed....I have 86000 miles on a 04 limited...:ts:

·
Registered
17 Posts
90K on the seqouia. It does post that in the book. I would go to the dealer and have them change the water pump also. I have checked around and the dealer was cheaper than two shops. As with most vehicles, as long as they have it torn apart, the water pump is a no brainer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont go to a dealer unless you want your money takin and your vehicel all screwed up! Find a little shop that has been in bussiness for 20 years and doesn't hire a bunch job hoppin idiots to work on your car! I could write you a book about how many people and how much money dealers have ripped people off!! Avoid the stealership at all costs!!! Dont get me wrong there are some good ones out there, but over all dealerships are hurtin for money right now and will get it any way they can! I just talk to a girl that took her 02 jeep wrangler into a stealership for a dead battery, they charged her $400 for a battery and a cable!!! And it took them two weeks to do it!! If your handy with a wrench, get a manual, do the research and you'll be better off!! Just me 2cents....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an '04 and I am at 95K miles. I was quoted $750 for a new timing belt and water pump from the Toyo dealership. Does that sound inline?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just did mine around last Nov. Get the parts from Shannon, believe me, it saved you about 3-4 hundreds bucks. Then bring it to the dealer. Their labor should be around 700-900.lol. Mine hit 86K like your, but hell here in Texas. So, I just do a precaution. I've seen guys here ran it 120K without a hitch. My belt was still good as new when taken out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my parts on Ebay for 180 bucks, pump belt tensioners bearing idler bearing gaskets (japanese OE parts). My 02 just hit 100K. I'm going to do it myself. Half a day on the weekend and your good as new. I don't trust most shops so I always do my own mechanics. Don't be intimidated by the work. Get a manual, TAKE YOUR TIME, and save thousands of dollars in maintenance cost over the ownership time of your rig. Oh ya and the gratification of doing it yourself is awesome. Just swapped out my brake system with Brake Motiv drilled rotors and ceramic pads and this baby stops on a dime. 275 bucks for all four corners with pads (e bay). A must have if you can't stand the mediocre stopping power of the stock system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts