Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a walk in the park compared to the 4 cyl. 22re, and not near as messy. I used baggies to keep the nuts and bolt separated for respected parts.

The t-belt that was on there looked brand new and so did the water pump, but the serpentine belt was on it's last leg.

My radiator was leaking transmission fluid, so I am buying another one. It was also beat to hell and back, and because of the leak, there was a ton of dirt stuck between the cooling fins.

The kit from "volkstoy" ebay seller, seems like a good kit, but the funny thing was my friend at the dealership, quoted me 232 dollars for the same parts, which was as cheap as volkstoy, but I had already ordered from volkstoy.

I wish "volkstoy" would use the metal gasket in his kit for the water pump. I dread removing the paper gasket supplied by volkstoy next time.

The cam and crank seal were easily removed by drilling a 3/32 hole and then screwing in a screw, then using a hammer to pull them out.

Thanks to Zlathim for his pics and write up, and shall36 for the FSM link.. both were a great help.

I would like to thank Craftsman, Harbor Freight, Yokem Toyota, and Tundra Solutions for helping get this job done!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Are you sure the dealer had ALL the itmes volkstoy have? I just ordered mine from volkstoy, including the tensioner, the dealer wanted over $400 for ALL the parts. Volkstoy also includes the serpentine belt, matter of fact the only part not included is the tensioner.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres the pics I took for reference while doing my timing belt. the belt looked brand new. the air filter, air box and throttle body looked pretty nasty. the skid plate is caked up with trans fluid from the leaking radiator.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The throttle body, hose and air box got a really good cleaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts