Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i should use the search but i don't have a whole lot of time to look through everything. I have a 2002 4.7 tundra with 88,000 miles and am going to have my mechanic friend do the work. Is their a good reliable kit out there with everything i need or should i just buy the parts from toyota? I want to get the best parts possible. I know i want to do the belt and the water pump. My mechanic said to wait on the tensioner and pulleys till the second change. What are your opinions? Where should i buy the parts? I know gates has good belt but that's about all i know. Thanks guys

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
Search volkstoy on ebay. He has all OEM suppliers(wont say Toyota on the package). I just did 2 4Runners within a month with his kit and it was very high quality and complete. I know a lot of people here have used his Tundra kit and liked it.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
My 2 cents Buy all toyota parts Its something you only have to do every 3-4 year depending on your driving Habits... Illl give you very good reason... I have alway's used oe Part's On every toyota i have had for anything drivtrain related.. I have had a Customer that had 400k plus mile on a 4.7 in a tundra untouched other than timing belts.. And that was 2 years ago i am not sure how many miles it has on it now...

My wifes seqiuoa has ll toyta stuff and only has 158 on it no problems..

I just picked up a Tundra with some mechanical issues.... He had it to a shop And they told him it was a cam sensor.. my scanner showed the same i scooped the truck up cheap enough i was fine taking a chance... WELLLL What a mistake i made truck has 130k on it guy had timing belt done around 100k with an autozone belt and guess what is broken and has probrobly ruined my engine at this point being as its an interference engine......... Well its the Vutozone belt... spend the money and get Oe stuff....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did find a kit on ebay it has: (1) Timing Belt (13568-09070) Made in USA
(1) Timing Belt Tensioner Bearing (13505-0F010) Made in Japan
(1) Timing Belt Idler Bearing (13503-0F010) Made in Japan
(1) Water Pump NEW (16100-59275-83) Made in Japan
(3) Water Pump Gaskets and Seal Made in Japan

made by Aisin for $189.00. What do you guys think?

I also found volkstoy on there he has gmb water pump and bando belts gmb bearings is this good quality?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts