Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Toyota tundra 4.7. I replaced my timing belt, water pump, both pulleys, hydraulic tensioner, crank seal, thermostat, and drive belt all with Toyota oem parts last week. I triple checked timing to be sure all was good. Filled her up with coolant and connected battery. Initial crank nothing. Second try she sputtered for 2 secs and died. Decided to pull cam covers just to be sure. Everything is perfect (I attached pics of cams and crank positioning.) Can anyone give me some insite as to what could be going on?? I tried leaving MAF sensor unplugged thinking maybe that was it but she does the samething. I'm baffeled...any info is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
2005 Toyota tundra 4.7. I replaced my timing belt, water pump, both pulleys, hydraulic tensioner, crank seal, thermostat, and drive belt all with Toyota oem parts last week. I triple checked timing to be sure all was good. Filled her up with coolant and connected battery. Initial crank nothing. Second try she sputtered for 2 secs and died. Decided to pull cam covers just to be sure. Everything is perfect (I attached pics of cams and crank positioning.) Can anyone give me some insite as to what could be going on?? I tried leaving MAF sensor unplugged thinking maybe that was it but she does the samething. I'm baffeled...any info is greatly appreciated!!
When I did mine a few months ago mine didn't start either. Found that I'd missed a electrical connection.
All you can do is back track and check everything that was taken apart.

Larry

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just did mine a couple days ago. Unless you knocked something off while working on the truck, there are only a couple things it could be. Cam position sensor, crank position sensor. Make sure they are both plugged in good. Did you put your crank sensor ring on backwards? Did you damage the cam position wires when putting on the new water pump. I almost did. I think the crank position sensor tells the ecu when to fire the injectors. Yours are probably not firing. The initial start up sputter was residual fuel left from before you tore it apart. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check connections for sure, if they are all good - follow the wires........ I pinched mine the first time - no problem - but I found it the second time and was much more careful the 2nd time. LET US KNOW what happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts