Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tinted their '07 Tundras and what amount of tint did you go for? I had 32% on my black Lexus and I thought it was a little on the light side, was thinking of 25% on the Tundra. Anybody have any experience or pictures of their trucks w/ tint. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mine are being tinted as we speak.

Im going 25% on the sides, little darker on the back and a strip on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Looks great. Did you have them tint over the stock tinted rear glass? Thats what Im doing to darken it up a little. Legal here is 25% on the sides and 10% on the back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had them tint over the factory glass. If you are wondering mine is not legal. Where I live they don't really mess with you unless you really have a large bra that covers alot of your front windshield.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yeah, I have no issues w/ illegal tint. Ive gotten my fair share of tickets for just that the past few years. Probly why I just decided to bypass the hassle this time. Itd be great to not have to worry about it. The darker does of course look better! :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
22% front windows, stock privacy glass on rear windows.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What % is the privacy glass I was thinking of going super dark almost limo tint which I think is 50% or 75% in sides and rear I like it dark and on a black truck well it looks sweet:cool:

·
Banned
888 Posts
I did 15% on the fronts and brow,its pretty close to the 10% rear and back .
Looks pretty even overall and Im happy with the $55.00 total :tu: Coarse we got the TINT HOOK UP so there isnt anything cut rate.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What % is the privacy glass I was thinking of going super dark almost limo tint which I think is 50% or 75% in sides and rear I like it dark and on a black truck well it looks sweet:cool:
The LOWER the percentage, the darker the tint! 5% tint (otherwise known as "Limo Tint") is the DARKEST tint you can buy. The percentage coresponds to the amount of light that is allowed to enter the window (IE: 5% tint only allows 5% of light to enter through the window).

I always get 20% all around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you had the blackwalls out,that truck would be tight !:tu:
RWL's just dont cut it these days
i agree. factory installed them like that. i'm getting new rubber soon anyway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The LOWER the percentage, the darker the tint! 5% tint (otherwise known as "Limo Tint") is the DARKEST tint you can buy. The percentage coresponds to the amount of light that is allowed to enter the window (IE: 5% tint only allows 5% of light to enter through the window).

I always get 20% all around.
Thanks I'm not relay good with those numbers I was going this weekend to get it done but the guy who did it is sick so it be next week sometime I'll post PICS

·
Banned
888 Posts
Go back and tell them to turn them for you.
Tell them you "aren't happy" with the way they look.
If they refuse then "remind them" you still haven't returned your SURVEY !!! :D

i agree. factory installed them like that. i'm getting new rubber soon anyway.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I stayed Virginia legal with the front windows and Virginia does not permit tint on the windshield unless you have a doctor that says you require it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Welp, today was day 2 and the bubbly place on my passenger side still hasnt gone away. I can feel it from the inside, it almost looks like they melted the tint when they were shrinking it on. Plus on the drivers side, there are little light places, look almost like pin pricks in the tint, but i cant feel them. Maybe they are just water spots on the outside glass. Ill have to look closer tomorrow.

Thats what I get for trying a new place instead of my old reliable shop.

·
Registered
528 Posts
3 vehicles and no issues with the Formula 1 tint. Its metalized tint with no glare. LA Tint is the company that I deal with. I have always been told...do not roll down the windows for at least 72 hours after installation.

·
Banned
159 Posts
22% front windows, stock privacy glass on rear windows.

Nice!!!

I've got some info on a new tint that is designed for front windshields.

It's basically clear but still blocks more heat and UV than the darkest Limo. Tint uses crushed gold to reflect heat and UV.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts