Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 4X4 TRD CrewMax coming in the week of May 14th and I want to put BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A's on it. My original intention was to put a 3" Toytec with the AAL, but I don't think it will fit in my apartment garage with that setup. Does anybody know the biggest tire that will fit on the stock 18" TRD rim without rubbing? I don't want to modify the frame or wheel well to fit the tire. The stock tire size is P275/65R18. Thanks for any help offered.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would like to know this as well if anyone has any input. There was a previous thread for this but got no responses.

I was thinking about adding a leveling lift kit but I don't think it will fit in the parking garage at work after this and bigger tires, plus I don't know about adding a lift with some of the problems people report down the road.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
You could always run spacers to gain a little offset to run bigger tires. Not sure who, if anyone, is offering them yet, but its an option...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want to know the biggest tire that will fiton the rim. I don't want to take it to a local shop to purchase like National tire and Battery, because I will pay an extra couple hundred dollars. My plan is to buy the tire online and take them to the military service station to have them put on the rims. You say 285/65R18 is the biggest for that rim?

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes run 285 the 305 will need a lift or "level kit" .

if you want big lift it and run 305
no mods just tire run the 285.

my .02

·
Registered
87 Posts
just put 285/65R18 bfg ta ko and be done !
That's what I'm gonna do as soon as the Rugged Terrains wear out. From what I understand, the only thing RTs do well is wear out fast. LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts