Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if you one knows were to get tire iron parts other then from the dealer, made the mistake and didn't check to see if it was there before we bought. the dealer wants 130 for all the parts.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
just wondering if you one knows were to get tire iron parts other then from the dealer, made the mistake and didn't check to see if it was there before we bought. the dealer wants 130 for all the parts.
This might be a stupid response, since I don't own a 2nd-gen, but I saw the thread title and it seemed straightforward enough.

If you're looking for something like a stock bottle jack, or the piece that lowers the spare tire (I don't know if your truck has the little winch like 1st-gens), or the piece that connects to the stock bottle jack to raise & lower, I can't help.

However, if you're looking for the tools to remove or replace a tire, I would suggest simply buying a 1/2" drive torque wrench, a 6" extension, the correct socket, and a 1/2" drive breaker bar. They'll do tire duty much better than the supplied tools from the factory, and be useful beyond tire duty.

If you're missing the jack as well, personally I'd shop around for a nice hydraulic jack to keep in the truck. My guess is that plus tools will either be substantially less than 130$, or it'll be a similar price for much better quality equipment.

Hopefully that helped, if not, I'll go back in my gimp box now :lol:...

-Sean

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i need it all execept the jack, that would be a good idea to get a lug nut remove at the store, and then get the straight pices through the dealer the straight peices are only 16.00 thanks everyone

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found the parts on sparks toyota for half of what the dealer want. thanks for the link mendonsy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts