Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 DC 4x4 which has the low tire pressure warning system. First of all, how does this work? My light has been on for several weeks now and I've added/checked all four tires and the light is still on. Then I looked at the manual and it stated that the spare could also be affected. Naturally, when I crawled under the truck, the valve stem wasn't exposed. Needless to say, I haven't checked the pressure in my spare tire. But this light is becoming annoying.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have an 05 DC 4x4 which has the low tire pressure warning system. First of all, how does this work? My light has been on for several weeks now and I've added/checked all four tires and the light is still on. Then I looked at the manual and it stated that the spare could also be affected. Naturally, when I crawled under the truck, the valve stem wasn't exposed. Needless to say, I haven't checked the pressure in my spare tire. But this light is becoming annoying.
That spare is prob where the prob is.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Time to get out the crank for the tire jack so you can lower that spare. Since you've found the right section in the Manual and checked the 4 tires on the ground, you've already located everything you need :tu: to solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Take off the spare & turn it over so you can get to the valve stem. Inflate all tires to whatever you want then reset the moniter(see manual).

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
i have flexible arms and no need in dropping tire for me!! lucky the stem was accessable without dropping and i could even add air without dropping!! not sure if light has to be reset after low PSI condition or if it does it automatically but from what i have read i think it's automatic!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing happened to me. It is the spare tire. I took mine in to the dealer they put some air in the spare and I was good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts