Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'm missing something, but it seems like I can't find any place that will sell either Terra or Trail Grapplers in 35x12.50x20 for less than about $378/tire or the GoodYear Silent Armor 305/60r20 for less than the same. In fact, with the hazard warranty from discount tire, it is over $1700+ for the 4 tires! Am I missing something? Is there a place that sells these for less? If not, I may just opt for 33" Coopers and save myself $400 - $500, though I would still like to have the 35s...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ebay is your friend.....just bought a set of 4 275 60 20 cooper zeon ltz for $744 shipped.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Did you look at tirerack.com, discount tire, 4wheelparts.com I got BFG's from tirerack and it was the cheapest place I found them. But mine are only a 305/65r18.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I can't go with anything less than a 285 tire since the Alcoa rims are actually 10" wide, not 9" wide like they show on the web site. That doesn't bother me so much, but there isn't much available in 285 widths... 305 and 12.50" widths are much more common and pretty much all are 33" or 35" tires with only a couple of exceptions.
Needless to say, the 20" rim bumps the price up significantly, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something... it doesn't appear that there is anywhere that is really selling these tires for less than about $1600 delivered...:eek::eek::eek:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Yeah i hadn't realized it was a 20" wheel before. I don't have much experience shopping for 20" tires. I hope you can find something that works for you. I know a while back there were a lot of guys buying those Hankook Dynapro mt's. I remember they said it was a great tire and cheaper. I saw a set at work today on a lifted chevy and they looked great. I'm not recommending them because I never had them but maybe you could look into it. I'm not sure how set you are on those particular tires but there probably wont be a huge margin of difference from one online vender to the next.

Edit: for what it's worth I paid about $1300 delivered for my BFG's that are smaller and on 18" rims so $1600 may not be that bad of a price. Oh and one more thing did you check the classified's on this forum? There have been a lot of tires for sale lately.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
try local craigslist. i know the guy i bought my toyos from had a bunch of off road tires he was getting at a discount through his shop and selling on CL. i paid 750 for my toyos....best price by far from what i could find. always worth a try...plus if u can find a good online price NTB and discount will usualy be good and match those prices with shipping so u can get them local......

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses! I finally went with a set of Hankooks... ironically they've been rated as good or better than the Toyos and BFG A/Ts but are also the cheapest. Was debating between them and the Coopers for a long time, but finally went with the Hankooks... got them from DT for a decent price, but still pretty high. Got them in the 305/55r20 size... hopefully they will wear well and be a good all-around tire. They also have a 50,000 mile warranty and I kept the certificates for replacement (i.e. road-hazard) in the shopping cart when I purchased them...
Now just have to get the lift-kit and I'll be set!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing some pics after the install. The only ones I've seen in person I liked. Congrats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts