Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im needing replacement of my BFG TA/KO. Looking into Maybe Toyo AT 2's. Mostly highway driving going on, but also off road, hunt, etc. What do you guys think? I have the random 17 Inch wheel (rock warrior) so my options are limited.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Im needing replacement of my BFG TA/KO. Looking into Maybe Toyo AT 2's. Mostly highway driving going on, but also off road, hunt, etc. What do you guys think? I have the random 17 Inch wheel (rock warrior) so my options are limited.
I had excellent results with the AT 2's, much better than the TA/KO. The BFG's were half worn after only 20K miles, and had noticeably reduced traction off road. The AT 2's lasted 55K miles, and performed as well at the end as when new. To be totally correct, I had the original Toyo AT's for 55K miles, then replaced them with AT 2's, which are even more aggressive and carry an even higher mileage warranty. I have since put AT 2's on my latest truck (14 Sierra), and they are performing as well there as they did on my Tundra. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, that is excellent info. Now I wonder how big I can go with my 5100's. Im thinking only 285/75/17 .

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Great, that is excellent info. Now I wonder how big I can go with my 5100's. Im thinking only 285/75/17 .
If you run the 5100's at their highest setting, you can surely run a 34 and probably a 35 inch tire. Normally you have to remove the plastic flap at the front of the front wheel wells, plus bend the edge of the skid plate. Do a test fit with your tire dealer before committing to the tires. Enjoy.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had great results with the Toyo opencountry AT 2's on my Tacoma. I was really impressed. I went with the stock tire size and I siped them, after 55,000 miles I still had 20% of tread left.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I recently did a ton of research on new tires and narrowed it down to Nitto Terras and Toyo AT IIs. Both awesome tires. I went with the Nitto's.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nitto's and Toyo are the same company, one is just easier to get than the other. both great tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts